Happy Screen Free Week! Oh the irony of wishing you all well via FB.
Start the week off right by participating in the community performance, If Television Had a Body. Make a cardboard replica of your TV and then carry it for a week to teach it what it's like to have a human body while you fast off of entertainment media. Trust me, you'll love this and have fun while doing it! Need convincing? Watch John with his TV. They even go tree climbing together!
If you're interested in participating, here are the performance details:
1. Taking the Screen Time Inventory inside this booklet.
2. Take the Screen Free Week (SFW) Pledge to fast from all non-work and non- educational screen time during May 5th-11th, 2014.
3. Make a cardboard replica of your current television using its exact dimensions. Feel free to decorate it. (We hear that TVs love wearing bunny ears!)
4. Carry the cardboard TV with you everywhere you go as you try to live your life as normally as possible during the week of SFW.
5. Document your experience by daily uploading a few images and a short blog of the experiences (bonus if the experience is handwritten and its photo is uploaded) to the Screen Free Week Facebook Page: facebook.com/screenfreeweek2014. (This should take no more than 30 minutes total. Longer posts can be shared post SFW.)
6. Please sign the Model Release in the booklet and return it in to a one of the regional partnering Public Libraries (Breckenridge, Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls and Moorhead).
7. Participant photos and writings will be displayed at Kaddatz Gallery, Fergus Falls throughout the week. Please feel free to attend the opening on Tuesday, March 6th, 3pm-6pm. Expect to be treated to some local improvisational theater.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?