Originally completed around 1871 and listed in the National Register of Historic Places, this project involved the restoration of one of Columbia's best examples of an intact French-Victorian commercial structure. The Brennen Building had previously been used as a grocery store, boarding house, and various restaurants among other uses. While most of the original first floor had been altered beyond repair, the original second floor remained mostly intact, including walls, floor, fire places, doors and windows.
As part of the restoration process, Studio 2LR worked closely with local and state historical staff as to pursue Federal and State tax incentives. The Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation were used as a guide for the project. Paint color selections for the project were informed from research of historic color palettes associated with the late 1800’s era. A 1000 SF addition at the rear of the building provides an elevator and egress stairs, while a new clerestory above the existing gallery space brings in natural lighting.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?