This panel discussed what charter schools are, where they're located, what parents need to know when considering a charter school, how charter schools are funded, how they are held accountable for student performance, who charter students are, what charter school "reform" efforts are being considered by state legislators, why charters are so controversial in some places, and other issues related to charter schools.
The panel included:
• Ron Cowell, President of The Education Policy and Leadership Center (EPLC) and Host of the "Focus on Education" programs;
• Rep. James R. Roebuck, Jr., Democratic Chairman, PA House Education Committee;
• Maurice "Reese" Flurie, Ed.D., CEO, Commonwealth Connections Academy;
• Lawrence F. Jones, Jr., Founding CEO, Richard Allen Preparatory Charter School and President, Pennsylvania Coalition of Public Charter Schools; and
• Nathan G. Mains, Executive Director, Pennsylvania School Boards Association.
This EPLC Focus on Education Program initially aired on May 11, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. EST on Pennsylvania Cable Network and re-aired several more times.
Visit eplc.org for resources on charter schools.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?