Cook time: sous vide 12 hours, marinade 2 hours, sauce reduction about 5 minutes
For short ribs to sous vide:
2 lbs Beef short ribs
1 Tablespoon powdered garlic
1 Tablespoon powdered ginger
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 Tablespoon gochujang
1 Tablespoon gochugaru
3 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce instead
1 Tablespoon honey or brown sugar
1 Teaspoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon mirin
1/3 Asian pear
1 Tablespoon fresh garlic
1 Teaspoon fresh ginger
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Set up water bath, clip on Nomiku and set to 69°C (156.2°F).
2. Season ribs with garlic powder, and ginger powder on both sides. Bag with olive oil, remove air, and cook for 12 hours.
3. Make the marinade by combining all ingredients listed under “for marinade” in a blender until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a large bowl or gallon sized bag. Keep marinade in fridge until ribs are ready.
4. Remove cooked ribs from bag (reserve jus for another use if desired) and toss in marinade. Let ribs rest in marinade for at least two hours (they can go overnight covered in the fridge if desired).
5. Reduce marinade with ribs in a pan at medium heat until sauce has reduced and becomes syrupy, about 5 minutes.
6. Taste if more salt or pepper is needed and plate.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?