Music 'Monstro' by Boogie Belgique - soundcloud.com/boogiebelgique
2014's Downderry and Seaton Ocean Day was a huge success and a step up from last years event. The hall was full from opening to close with so many things to see and do for all ages.
Includes the 'Under The Sea' Community animation created at Ocean Day by the public at Biddy's animation workshop - DVD available, proceeds to St Nicolas Pre School.
Thanks to Seaton Stores (Smugglers Inn), National Marine Aquarium, Adventure Bay Surf School, Blue Reef Aquarium, Adrenaline Quarry, and MBA for prizes for the St Nicolas Sea Creature Challenge.
This years event featured:
- National Marine Aquarium Plymouth
- Cornwall College Newquay - discover the microscopic world of the ocean
- RNLI - Interactive Stand
- Under the Sea Immersive Experience - Whitsand Bay
- St Nic's School Sea Creature Challenge
- Local Fish Paella
- Stop Dumping In Whitsand Bay - Film and Information
- Local Fish Display
- 'Your Edible Coastal Path' - Foraging Walking and Cooking Demo (10.30am - 13.30pm)
- Ocean Treasure Hunt
- Cooking Demo with Nick Barclay of The Blue Plate - Starts 11am
- RNLI - Life Jacket Checks
- Ocean Photography and Art Exhibition
- Kids Craft Area
- Animation Workshop
- National Coastalwatch Polruan - Stand
- Ocean Pledges
- Displays by St Nicolas Pre School and Bread and Babes
- Video Screens from Mr B Photo, Ken George and RNLI
- Tea, Coffee, and Cakes by St Nicolas Pre School
- Unofficial after party - 'HAVANA NIGHTS' held in the Smugglers Inn on the evening of Saturday 7th
Thanks to everyone who contributed, helped organise, and who came and made the event a success!
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?