Three people leave work in Milton Keynes at 5pm for their first ever night in a bivvy under the stars.
Why don't you try something similar for the summer solstice on the night of June 21st?
Enter the Summer Solstice Microadventure challenge and win great prizes from Trek Bikes, howies, Osprey Packs and Mountain Equipment!
On June 21st we want as many people as possible to try a microadventure.
Here's the plan:
Grab a friend, a colleague or go on your own.
Head for the countryside by bike, on foot, by train, canoe or however you like.
Sleep out under the stars (bivvy, not tent!) and have fun.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.
If you cannot do this on the night of the solstice (or if it's really raining!) then don't worry - you can enter for a week beforehand and a week afterwards.
We've got some great stuff from Trek Bikes, howies, Osprey Packs and Mountain Equipment to give away. Booby prizes of books too.
Here's how to enter:
In keeping with the microadventure ethos, we have tried to remove as many barriers to entry as possible. This means that all you have to do is submit a photo, a story or a video about your microadventure. As long as you make sure we see your submission you can consider yourself in the running for a prize. Here are some ways you might like to enter, though you are welcome to be more imaginative:
- 'Like' the Microadventures page on Facebook (facebook.com/Microadventures) and share your story on the page.
- Post a photo on Twitter using the hashtag #microadventure (sending it via Instagram is a great way to get the picture on Facebook, Twitter and Flickr simultaneously)
- Create a Vine video on your iPhone and share it on Twitter using the hashtag #microadventure. There will be a prize for the best Vine video.
- Upload a video to the Vimeo Microadventure group and link to it on Twitter (hashtag #microadventure) or the Microadventures page on Facebook
- Write a blog post and link to it on Twitter (hashtag #microadventure) or the Microadventures page on Facebook
- Write a letter or paint a picture and post it to howies, Bath House Road, Cardigan, SA43 1JY, Wales
Some prizes will be allocated at random, so submitting just one simple photograph might win you a prize. The top prizes will go to those who have the best microadventure and produce the best story, video or photographs.
Please, please consider giving this a try! And please do pass this on to any colleagues, friends or websites that might be interested in the idea. Thank you!
Canon 5D Mk ii
Mostar Diving Club
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?