"I am a painter… I invite the visitor to come into painting, which means within sense, through material, images, sounds, and networks"
____B2Fays’ paintings or interactive installations, made of layers, are the base of a digital palimpsest, drawing an arborescence in the memories of the canvas. Béatrice de Fays creates interactive installations, developed from various means and techniques, in order to propose to the visitor to enter the « space » of the painting.
In 1984, B2Fays started her work of creation as an autodidact, through comic strips and using graphics palettes.
Around 1987, she left these tools to dedicate herself to the painting. In the meantime, she memorized each painting, in order to constitute a « memory ».
In 1994, her whole work was destroyed by fire. So she decided to use the new technologies once again, to invite the visitor to get into the process of creation.
In 2006, B2Fays was the prizewinner of the program Villa Médicis Hors les Murs - Cultures France in India. Since then, she has been living between India and Europe, where she creates paintings connected to the interactive multimedia installations (local or in network).
_____Layer by layer, sequence after sequence, the story is being written, and then erased… as a palimpsest.
My painting is made of many steps of creation: fragments of images superimposing or being repeated, generating different ways in the memory of the canvas. Layer by layer, sequence after sequence, the story is becoming a part of the canvas and then simultaneously erased as a palimpsest. An arborescence is therefore being created.. a new story is being told.
The body of the painting leaves the walls … to become a sensitive interface …
The painting is progressively coming away from the walls in order to become a projection support : a sensitive interface revealing, layer by layer, the intangible space of the work being created. It’s a world perpetually changing that is being opened : the body of the painting is leaving the walls, the body of the visitor is travelling into the pictorial space and meeting the visual and sonorous space in a movement of continuous transformation.
An interactive multimedia device bringing into play the body of who’s crossing it …
My interactive instalaltions are based on the visitor which is located in the centre of the work. Immersed in the visual and sonorous material, his presence is captured by a camera and generating a transformation of the crossed universe, getting the shape of a pictorial and musical action, immediately perceptible.
Layer by layer, his body is revealing and becoming the sensitive space of the work being created..
Creating an intercession, a breath … using distinct and complementary means … in order to connect the living
Each one of my paintings has got the mark of its place of conception and can be distinguished through its external influences and the events surrounding it.
Between a tangible reality connected to the broadcasting space and its poetic reinterpretation, there is the creative magic of an artistic process proposing the renewal of our perception of the world through a personal experience.
The pictorial expression is impregnated with actions and reactions of the men who leave their trace on both spatial and temporal environment, a trace that in its turn, leaves its mark on them. That’s the creative chain I offer through my pictorial and interactive works. »
• 2011 - Kalakriti Art Gallery - Via Presence in Hyderabad – Guillaume Evrard: programmer - Mathieu Constans : composer - Abhilash Ningappa : dancer - Hyderabad India
• 2010 - Town hall Saint Gilles - Trace de Robie - Mathieu Constans : author programmer – Brussel Belgium
• 2008 - Nehru Science centre La Géode - Cité des Sciences - Univers palimpseste - Paris Bombay - Mathieu Constans : author programmer - 16 Indian & French artists : musicians & painters - Paris France Bombay India
• 2007 - RURART Art center - RURART Digital palimpsest - Mathieu Constans : author programmer - Lotfi Zitouni : musician - Rouillé France
• 2007 - IIT Bombay - Indian Institute of Technology • Kalahita Art foundation - Digital palimpsest India - Mathieu Constans : author programmer - Lotfi Zitouni & Paul Jacob : musicians - Bombay - Hyderabad India
• 2006 - Le Cube ART3000 – Internet Party - Xposelive Cube - Lotfi Zitouni : musician - Issy les Moulineaux France
• 2004 - Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie - Villette numérique - Xposelive Cité Santé - Lotfi Zitouni : musician - Paris France
• 2004 - Abbaye de la Couronne - Palimpseste des Vierges - Xposelive Végétal - Lotfi Zitouni : musician - La Couronne France
• 2003 – “Gaite Lyrique” Theatre of Paris - Open Source 3 - Xpose toi - Lotfi Zitouni : musician - Paris France
• 2001 - CNBDI – Image community Night - Xpose Cinéma - Lotfi Zitouni : musician - Angoulême France
• 2000 - CICV Pierre Schaeffer - Interférences Festival - Xpose Interférences - Lotfi Zitouni : musician - Belfort France
• 1999 - Galerie Donguy - Matière première / Raw material - Philip Samartzis : musician - Paris France
• 1998 - Espace Gantner Cultural Centre - Voir - Pierre Lange : musician - Belfort Territory France
• 1997 - CICV Schaeffer - Terre Blanche Festival – Amarrage Museum - Batch-be : video - Philip Samartzis : musician - Belfort France
• 1999 - Georges Pompidou Centre - Tipi des rdv électroniques - Technoparade - Paris France
• 1987 - Siggraph Art Show - California USA
• 1985 - Women's World Forum - Nairobi Africa
• 1984 - Georges Pompidou Centre - Palettes pauvres - Images riches - Paris France
• 2009 - Kalahita Art Foundation - Hyderabad India • 2005/2004 – MR Gallery - Angoulême France • 1993 - Art & patrimoine Gallery - Paris France • 1990 - Charles & André Bailly Gallery - Paris France • 1988 - Ministère de la Culture - Paris France • 1987 > 1988 - Clubs : Central with E Department / Locomotive / Bains douches - Paris France
____Comic strips – Illustration
• Métal hurlant • Zoulou • Rigolo • PLGP • Arts n°5 Ministre culture • Microsystem • 7 à Paris • Télérama • Marie-Claire • Sciences & Vie junior • Jardin des modes
• 1987 - TF1 - La une est à vous
• 1985 - France 2 - Fit ou double (International Festival of Industry and Technology)
• 2001/1999 - Master Péron - Barbizon
• 1990 - Master Rogeon - Drouot - Paris
• 1989/1988/1987 - Master Binoches & Master Godeau « Les jeunes débarquent » Drouot - Paris
____Prize – Grant
• 2009 - Suman Art Theatres - Ugadi Talent Awards - Digital Palimpsest India
• 2006 - CULTURESFRANCE - Prize winner of the program Villa Médicis Hors les Murs in India
• 2005 - DICREAM - Fil d’Ariane
• 2003 - SCAM Grant for the digital art help - Fil d’Ariane
• 1987 - Prize for the « Ressort des Arts et de la Créativité ».
• 2012 - Park Hyatt - Hyderabad India
____Links to some pieces of works already created :
Installations in network Univers Palimpseste Paris Bombay : fildariane.com/popup-univers1.html
Local installation Digital Palimpsest India > fildariane.com/popup-images-digital2.html
All the installations and works from B2Fays > fildariane.com