Beverly McCarter is an award winning certified architect/designer of immersive 3D Learning Environments (virtual worlds), as well as a certified facilitator of self-organizing systems for complex environments. Her work focuses on utilizing immersive 3D learning environments to tackle Wicked Problems (problems related to complex human interactions) and the psychology of the avatar. She has worked with United States Army Simulation and Training Technology Center (STTC), National Defense University (including Pentagon leadership), Smithsonian Institute, and Innovative Decisions, Inc., to name a few. She has co-authored the book "Leadership in Chaordic Organizations" (Complex and Enterprise Systems Engineering), co-authored the chapter “Emergence of SoS, Socio-Cognitive Aspects” in M. Jamshidi (Ed), System of Systems Engineering- Principles and Applications, as well as authored technical articles in these fields and given numerous presentations on virtual environments and complex dynamics.
* United States Army STTC, IDI Consultant: Virtual Environments;
* Human Mosaic Systems, LLC, Principal;
* MOSES project, Sim Architect: Wicked Problems;
* Innovative Decisions, Inc., Consultant: specializing in wicked problems, group
facilitation, 3D Immersive Virtual Space design, implementation and use ;
* National Defense University, Education Innovation Coordinator, Federal Consortium for Virtual Worlds;
* Smithsonian Institution, Consultant; executive coach, organizational analyst, group
facilitator for organizational workshops
Specialties: * Architect/ Designer of the Avatar and 3D Immersive Learning Environments/ virtual worlds, * Artist, *virtual learning, * Certified facilitator for self-organizing groups, * published author, * researcher, * leadership development.