Carnival Figures Animation London is a London based animation studio specialising in 2D and 3D animation, motion graphics, Flash animation for web and broadcast, short films and commercials, illustration and post production services.
Alex Dawson founded the production company, Carnival Figures Ltd in 2000 to create both animation and live action projects which are driven by strong narratives, alongside high quality commercials /promotional work.
Recent work includes:
5 instore / web promo videos for Puma for the exclusive Alexander McQueen and Black Label sportfashion range combining live action green screen filming of shoes, and digital compositing and animation effects using After Effects and Flash creating store display and video promo (with sound) formats.
Alexander McQueen Puma
Puma Black Label
The Development Trust Association
Collective London - Snlckers Mr T Widget Campaign
The Bett Awards
The Ideal Home Show
Alex is best known as the creator, designer and screenwriter of the 2d animation sci fi comedy adventure 'Invasions of the Laundry Monsters' and the 2d gothic romance 'The Hunchback and the Ladybird.'
Alex has over 10 years previous experience working for world renowned design companies in the UK, including Passion Pictures where he worked on the music video for Disney's 'Treasure Planet,' directed by Tim Hope.
Alex specialised in animation during his MSc in Electronic Imaging at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design, Dundee University. Previously Alex studied Film & Media (2.1 BA (Hons)) at Stirling University, where he also made a number of experimental short films, radio plays, sound compositions and radio journalism pieces.
Alex also has 4 years previous experience as a Visualisation / Design / Illustration tutor specialising in training in Flash / Photoshop / Illustrator / After Effects / Premiere / Dreamweaver and Fireworks to designers and animators, interior designers, architects and artists. Alongside full time animation and design work at Carnival Figures, Alex currently also teaches 2D animation at Qantm Design College in Angel, London.
Carnival Figures' animation studio is based in Shoreditch central London
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Carnival Figures Ltd
10-14 Hewett Street
London, EC2A 3NN
- Carnival Figures - www.carnivalfigures.com
- Laundry Monsters official site - http://www.laundrymonsters.com/
- Carnival Figures on Linkedin - http://www.linkedin.com/company/carnival-figures-ltd
- Alex Dawson on Linkedin - http://uk.linkedin.com/in/alexbdawson
- Carnival Figures Youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/carnivalfigures
- Alex Dawson Youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/alexdawson
- Carnival Figures Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carnival-Figures/324893353383
- Laundry Monsters Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/LaundryMonsters
- Carnival Figures Twitter feed - https://twitter.com/carnivalfigures
- Alex Dawson Twitter feed - https://twitter.com/alex_dawson
- Carnival Figures Blogspot - http://www.carnivalfigures.blogspot.co.uk/
- Carnival Figures Tumblr - http://carnivalfigures.tumblr.com/
- Carnival Figures Behance page - http://www.behance.net/carnivalfigures
- Carnival Figures Flickr page - http://www.flickr.com/photos/carnivalfigures/
- Alex Dawson Shooting People page - https://shootingpeople.org/cards/alexdawson