Walking through some ideas and concepts for building a Marble Color Sorter.
Attention : For those of you who struggle to get correct results with recent versions :
Turn off Linear Workflow in your Project Settings !!
- Using Mograph's Internal Color system instead of Materials to control the Colors of clones.
- Using a Gradient in the Mograph Shader Effector to handpick specific Colors and control the random distribution.
- Setting up User Data for easy access
- Iterating through the clones
- Using the Motion Graphics Data Node to read the Color of each separate clone
- Using the COFFEE node for multiple simple "if statements" (if the color of a clone equals a specific color then trigger an event)
- Using the Dynamics Body State node to execute a dynamic event (trigger Angular Velocity)
End Result : The randomly assigned color of a marble controls into which direction it rolls.
The concepts presented in this screencast can be used for a wide range of applications.
To anybody curious enough for watching this :
There's no audio, so feel free to ask any questions if something's not clear.
I'll be happy to try and help you out.
This Cinema 4D tutorial shows you the very basics of keyframe animation within Cinema 4D. The tutorial is aimed at people who have never worked with animation within Cinema 4D. The video is split into two parts:
This chapter discusses several ways to create and manipulate keyframes.
2. F-curves (11:08)
This chapter discusses working with f-curves using a spline-interpolation.
Sidenote: when recording this video I hadn't fully recovered from a cold, so I excuse myself for any unwanted sound effects that might pop-up from time to time :)
Marble Run Mechanics Project : Introduction to Dynamics
00:55 : 1. keyframing Parameters
03:19 : 2. Dynamics Body Tag
--------------- Rigid Body Tag + Collider Tag
06:29 : 3. Collision
09:24 : ----- Collision Shapes --> Static Mesh
11:24 : ----- Bounce
12:38 : ----- Friction
13:54 : 4. Forces
15:48 : 5. Duplicating marbles
--------------- with a Mograph Cloner Object
17:23 : ----- with a Standard Particles Emitter
>>>>>>> Real World Examples
18:53 : Ex.1 : Interaction between marbles and Static Objects
22:22 : ----- Compound Collision Shape
23:23 : Ex.2 : Mechanical ball throwing arm
24:25 : 7. Connectors and Springs
25:52 : ----- Connector in Hinge Mode
28:53 : ----- Angular Spring
31:30 : 8. simple Xpresso
31:55 : ----- wheel mechanism (using time to control rotation)
36:27 : ----- door functionality
------------------- using a treshold to trigger Monoflop
------------------- using Monoflop to trigger the Dynamics Body Tag
43:40 : wanna hear something funny ? i recorded this last part a few days later because i had a cold... now listen how much that affected the pitch of my voice ;)