A three month time-lapse documenting the construction of a water purification apparatus at the Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies plant in Vandalia Ohio. (© James D. DeCamp | JamesDeCamp.com | 614-367-6366)
The 2014 Komen Columbus Race for the Cure captured Saturday May 17, 2014 as nearly 40,000 participants took to the streets in downtown Columbus. (©James D. DeCamp | JamesDeCamp.com | 614-367-6366)
On behalf of the entire staff of Komen Columbus, thank you for your support of the 2014 Race for the Cure. Nearly 40,000 participants joined us downtown and raised $2 million in the fight against breast cancer. 75 percent of the money raised will support vital breast health programs right here in our community. The remaining 25 percent will go to fund world-class research for a cure! Sponsorship comprised $500,000 of that $2 million figure above. We also received in-kind donations totaling more than $474,000 from our corporate partners.
About Komen Columbus
Our vision is a world without breast cancer
The Columbus Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure was incorporated in 1993 and is dedicated to combating breast cancer at every front. Komen Columbus has raised more than $17 million to support breast cancer education, screening and treatment.
More than 75 percent of the Affiliate’s net income goes toward funding grants to local hospitals and community organizations in Central and Southeastern Ohio that provide breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs for medically underserved women. The remaining net income (a minimum of 25 percent) supports the national Komen Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research, meritorious awards and educational and scientific programs around the world.
2014 marked the 22nd anniversary of Komen Columbus and its marquee event, the Susan G. Komen Columbus Race for the Cure. The Komen Columbus Affiliate ranks in the top 5 for Race for the Cure participation in the country.
We Promise to:
- Educate our communities on the vital importance of early detection as a key to breast cancer survival.
- Seek out and fund grants for breast cancer screening, education and treatment – particularly for the underserved.
- Be responsible stewards of your gifts and your trust.
- Provide up-to-date information, encouragement and hope to women and men living with breast cancer – from the newly diagnosed to long-term survivors, their families and friends.
Still images produced by James D. DeCamp, Abby Grove & Tom Dunkes.
Time-lapse footage by James D. DeCamp.
Special thanks for access for camera placements to:
Dan Clutter, 250 Civic Center Building
Ashley Lester, CDDC/Capitol South
Kim Mantle, Highpoint on Columbus Commons
Justin Ledsome, Huntington Building
Steve Saltsman, Columbus Bomb Squad
Pat Morris, Columbus Bomb Squad
Regina Duddly, CPD Anti-terrorism Taskforce
City of Columbus for sturdy light poles :-)
A time-lapse of the Our Dream Photos by James DeCamp Photography booth at the Columbus Bride - The Show 2013 held Friday January 4 - Sunday January 6, 2013 at Veterans Memorial in Columbus, Ohio. (© James D. DeCamp | JamesDeCamp.com | 614-367-6366)
Time-lapse of the installation of the skybridge linking the new Hilton Hotel and the Columbus Convention center. Photographed with three cameras over a twenty four hour period. (© James D. DeCamp | JamesDeCamp.com | 614-367-6366)
A two minute time-lapse sequence capturing the construction of the Nationwide Children's Hospitals Magic Forest in the atrium of their new building from March - June 2012. (©James D. DeCamp | JamesDeCamp.com | 614-367-6366)
Still captures from March 12, 2012 to June 1, 2012 using two Canon EOS-1D's on intervoltometers. A total of 116,238 frames captured over the 12 week time period.
Floor still captures done with Canon 5D MkII's at the end of the project. Panorama images captured with Canon 5D MkII on a 360Precision Absolute pano head and assembled in PTGui. [more high resolution walk through panoramas can be found here: ColumbusVirtualTour.com/Indexes/20120601NCH_Index.html
Time-lapse still editing done in Photo Mechanic. Clean-up, toning and sharpening in Lightroom, and final editing in Premier.
James DeCamp, is a longtime award winning newspaper photojournalist turned commercial photographer in Columbus, Ohio specializing in editorial, people and lifestyle photography; and provides a variety of clients with cutting edge multimedia.