In this latest episode of our video series, we return to the NY State Sheep and Wool Festival to see the exciting Spinning Contest where contestants compete for the longest thread! Listen to Kris as she tells us her strategy for winning. (Just in case you’re planning to enter the contest this year!)
* Fiber Gathering: Knit, Crochet, Spin, and Dye More than 20 Projects Inspired by America’s Festivals by Joanne Seiff
Enter for a chance to win this book by leaving a comment for this episode, “What is your favorite fiber festival or knitting event?”
What I am wearing:
* At Rhinebeck: Noro Coat completed Winter 2005 from Jane Ellison’s Simply Noro made in Noro Kochoran
* In the Chair: Heartstrings Morning Surf Scarf, hy handspun superwash merino in Dinosaur Colorway from Spunky Eclectic.
Music in this episode:
* Lee Maddeford’s Genevieve-Jazz4tet
This episode is sponsored by:
Please Support our Sponsor.
When you support our sponsor, you support our show!
In this episode of our video podcast we demonstrate a few techniques to bind off the cuff of toe up socks. Follow along with the instructions below.
Three Stretchy Bind off Techniques
* KTBL Technique - K1 P1, put the two stitches from the right hand needles onto the left hand needle and K2 together through the back loop. K1,put the two stitches from the right hand needles onto the left hand needle and K2togTBL, Repeat until the end.
* KTBL + K1 - K2 together through the back loop, put the two stitches from the right hand needles onto the left hand needle and K2 together through the back loop. Put this stitch back on the needle and K1. Put the two stitches from the right hand needles onto the left hand needle and K2 together through the back loop Repeat until the end.
* Peggyís Stretchy Bind Off - If you are knitting a K1, P1 ribbing, on the row before the bind-off row: K1, M1 (îmake oneî by making a half-hitch loop), pull the M1 tight, P1.
Bind off row (go up a needle size or two): K1, slip the M1, pass the K1 over the slipped M1, P1, pass the slipped M1 over the P1, K1, pass the P1 over, etc. as for a regular bind off.
* Cat Bordhiís New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One
What am I wearing
* My own designed vest knitted with Crystal Palace Stardust Deco Ribbon
Whatís on the Set
* Tofutsies Stitches Collectors edition
* Toe up-Crazy Monkey socks hand spun with Superwash Merino/Tencel from Susanís Spinning Bunny in Hibicious
* Kollage Square circular needles (I love these new needles!)
Put a comment in episode 42 for your chance to win this Tofutsies Stitches Collectors edition! Winner will be selected from a random commenter on March 31st!
This episode is sponsored by:
BIJOU BASIN RANCH
Use promo code LK2G at checkout for 5% off. All sales have a 100% no questions asked money back guarantee
Halló, this is Iceland. It is true that my men are very manly, and sometimes have names that are hard for you to say. This is Þórgnýr Thoroddsen, whose name is very hard to say, but he makes up for it by being a very good (and manly) knitter. If you see him on one of my streets, and would like him to give you some advice on how to do knitting like an Icelandic man, just call out “Halló, Icelandic man with a difficult name who knits! Stop and show me how!” He will not mind at all.