Author of the Guardian’s weekly ”Bad Science” column and Bad Science: Quacks, Hacks, and Big Pharma Flacks, British physician Ben Goldacre dismantles the questionable science behind an assortment of drug trials, court cases, and events of our time.
From The Amaz!ng Meeting 6 in Las Vegas, NV. Keynote address by Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
Palestra de Michael Shermer na conferência TED em 2010.
Em alta resolução com legenda em português.
Tema: Tendência humana a perceber padrões
Steven Pinker talks to us about on psychology and human nature. Steven Arthur Pinker is a Canadian-born experimental psychologist, cognitive scientist, linguist and popular science author.
1. Does the theory of evolution apply to behavior?
2. How did people explain behavior before the theory of evolution?
3. What helped us move into different theories of human nature?
4. Are our policies affected by theories of human nature?
5. How to think about individual responsibility in a world where psychology has biological origins?
6. So social responsibility is built into our biology?!
7. What's your opinion on the social brain hypothesis? (the idea that our brain evolved to cope with many social connections)