Artificial Paradise, Inc is an experimental film anticipating a future where a major corporation has developed an unique software, based on organic virtual reality, which holds all the lost memories of humankind. A user connects to this database of the forgotten…what is he searching for?
Production : Condor & Jean-Paul Frenay
Director / editor / compositing : Jean-Paul Frenay
Main 3D artist / compositing : Sandro Paoli
3D artists : Sylvain Jorget and Sébastien Desmet
Additional 3D operators : Otto Heinen and Okke Voerman
Sound Design : Seal Phüric feat. Neptunian8
Awards & Recognitions//
• Second Place of the Non Narrative Category @ Cutout Festival, EM
• Honorable mention for Artificial Paradise, Inc @ Fargo Film Festival 2010, USA
• Nominated for Best technical Realisation @ Animago Award 2010, DE
Once upon a time in Psychic Land...
We just had fun with some characters and lots of other stuff, hope you enjoy.
Follow us: facebook.com/2veinte
Art Direction & Design:
Animation Directors: Martin Salfity & Pablo Gostanian
3d Animation: Martin Salfity, Sebastian Garcia & Juan Pablo Siaccaluga
Monster Modeling & Animation: Sebastian Garcia
Postproduction: Pablo Gostanian
Additional Animation: Jorge Herrero
Music and sound fx: Hula-Music.com
- TAAFI Festival (Toronto) / Annual Toronto Animated Arts Festival International / taafi.com
- Pause Fest (Australia) / Showcases projects celebrating the art & innovation of digital culture / pausefest.com.au
- Visueltdagene (Oslo) / Annual event for the creative industry in Norway / visuelt.org
- Animayo (Spain) / VII International Festival of Animated Films, Visual Effects and Video-Games / animayo.com
- Rushes Soho Shorts Festival, London / sohoshorts.com/
This is a small animation i did as an exercise to experiment and explore all the graphical possibilities of representing the idea of the SPHERE, always thinking in searching Gestalt and form. Its all done in 3d, but i was more interested in the graphical interest, flatten the surfaces, and only two colors, why more.The most difficult was to achieve the transitions between the different type of representation of the sphere, the morphing and metamorphosing.