There are several ways to accomplish the same result some ways more practical and some more sophisticated. This is a rudimentary patch that will get you started.
This tutorial will quickly go though some of the functionality of the M4L api in terms of clips. We also go into some explanation about the send and receive objects in max.
This is a tutorial on how to remap functions on the APC40. The tutorial goes through disabling APC40 components and remapping functionality n Max For Live.
This tutorial explains what live.path, live.object, and live.observer do and how to use them.
A new tutorial to show some new features and to answer the most frequently recurring questions on how to use devices in V-Module to build a VJ set.
Topics this time are:
- Primary Mixing and Performance Monitor
- Secondary Monitor and/or small screen for the performer
- Clip playback and triggering
- Several alternative folders for clips
- GL-based effects
- Feedback using GL-based effects
- Audio Analysis for parameter modulation (Live API)
- Use clips and envelopes to modulate and trigger stuff
- Smart mapping controllers to stuff for performance
V-Module a tool I develop and use myself, free for owners of Ableton Live and Max for Live.
More info on: fabriziopoce.com/max.html