City of Salisbury, North Carolina
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
October 15, 2013 - 4:00 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Invocation to be given by Councilmember Kennedy.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recognition of visitors present.
5. Council to receive an introduction to new Rowan-Salisbury School Superintendant Dr. Lynn Moody.
6. Mayor to proclaim the following observance:
ROWAN BLUES AND JAZZ SOCIETY DAY October 19, 2013
7. Council to consider the CONSENT AGENDA:
(a) Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting of October 1, 2013.
(b) Adopt a Budget ORDINANCE amendment to the FY2013-2014 budget in the amount of $21,092 to appropriate a 2013 Byrne Justice Assistance Grant.
8. Council to consider approving a lease contract with New Cingular Wireless PSC, LLC (AT&T) for a five year initial term for $2,500 per month, with a five year renewal option at $3,000 per month based upon mutual agreement, to use the water tank located at 405 North Jackson Street for wireless service.
9. Council to consider appointments to various Boards and Commissions.
10. Council to receive public comments.
11. City Managers Comments.
(a) 1st Quarter Financial Update.
(b) Other comments.
12. Mayor’s Announcements.
(a) The Salisbury Parks and Recreation Department will host “Movies in the Park” at City Park Friday, October 18, 2013. The movie will begin at 8:00 p.m. Bring a blanket or chair to watch the featured movie “Hotel Transylvania.” The free event is sponsored by Fibrant and open to the public. Halloween costumes are encouraged.
(b) The 15th annual Rowan Blues and Jazz Festival will be held Saturday, October 19, 2013 from 2:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. in downtown Salisbury in the 200 block of West Fisher Street.
(c) The Community Appearance Commission and the Public Services Department will sponsor Fall Spruce-up week October 21-25, 2013. The Public Services Department will provide special trash collection service, including pick-up of unwanted appliances, tires without rims, and additional household trash. Please call 704-638-5260 with questions or to arrange for special pick-ups.
(d) The annual Halloween Funfest sponsored by the Parks and Recreation Department will be held Saturday, October 26, 2013 from 3:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. in the Salisbury Post parking lot located at the intersection of South Church Street and West Fisher Street. Tickets are $5 for an unlimited game and ride band or $.50 per ticket.
(e) The Community Appearance Commission will sponsor the BlockWork Neighborhood Improvement Project Saturday, October 26, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. in the 700 and 800 blocks of East Franklin Street. If you are interested in volunteering for all or part of the day, please contact the Community Planning Office at 704-638-5242.