City of Salisbury
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
February 4, 2014 - 4:00 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Invocation to be given by Councilmember Alexander.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recognition of visitors present.
5. Council to consider the CONSENT AGENDA:
(a) Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting of January 21, 2014.
(b) Adopt a Budget ORDINANCE amendment to the FY2013-2014 budget in the amount of $74,540 to appropriate insurance proceeds.
(c) Award a contract in the amount of $33,800 to Martin Starnes and Associates, CPA's, P.A. for auditing services for Year 2014.
(d) Receive an application from Mr. Robert Moore, for a permit to operate a pool hall located at 2141 Statesville Boulevard, and set a public hearing for February 18, 2014.
6. Council to receive Highlights and Goals presentations from the Alternate Methods of Design Commission, Housing Advocacy Commission, Planning Board, Transportation Advisory Board, and the Zoning Board of Adjustment.
7. Council to consider recommending the Napolean B. McCanless House, 619 South Main Street, for nomination to the National Register of Historic Places:
(a) Receive a presentation from staff
(b) Hold a public hearing
(c) Consider recommending the Napolean B. McCanless House, 619 South Main Street, for nomination to the National Register of Historic Places.
8. Council to receive a presentation from staff regarding recommendations from the Housing Advocacy Commission regarding amendments to the City Housing Code and consider setting a public hearing for February 18, 2014 to receive public comment.
9. Council to consider a request for temporary use of the public right-of-way for four parking spaces adjacent to 120 North Church Street beginning February 6, 2014 and expiring May 5, 2014.
10. Council to consider appointments to various Boards and Commissions.
11. City Manager’s Comments.
12. Mayor’s Announcements.
(a) The City of Salisbury is seeking citizens who have an interest in serving on one of the City’s Boards and Commissions. Applications are being accepted for all boards and will be forwarded to Council as it considers its Boards and Commissions appointments beginning March 2014. Information regarding the Boards and Commissions and applications are available online at salisburync.gov under the Boards and Commissions tab. Applications are also available at the City Clerk’s Office located at 217 South Main Street,
or by calling 704-638-5224.
(b) Salisbury City Council will hold its 29th Annual Future Directions and Goal Setting Retreat February 12-13, 2014.
(c) Other announcements.
13. Council to go into closed session concerning acquisition of property located on Tax Map 011 Parcel 055 as allowed by NCGS 143-318.11(5), an economic development matter as allowed by NCGS 143-318.11(a)(4), and a personnel matter as allowed by NCGS 143-318.11 (a)(6).
Council meetings are streamed live at salisburync.gov/webcast