2013 APEC CEO Summit Brainstorming session on the next five years.
• What are the major trends?
• What must we watch out for?
• How should we prepare for the future?
Opening remarks by Kishore Mahbubani, author of “The Great Convergence”
followed by viewpoints from:
• Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, Former OECD Chief Economist and Professor of Economics, Catholic University of Chile
• Mark Tucker, Group Chief Executive and President, AIA Group
• Jeffrey Sachs, Professor and Director, The Earth Institute, Columbia University
• How connected is the Asia Pacific region?
• How is connectivity changing business as usual?
• What are the main impediments to regional connectivity (e.g. infrastructure,
policy) and how can we overcome them?
• Frank Appel, Chairman and CEO, Deutsche Post DHL
• Keith Williams, President and CEO, Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
• Scott Price, President and CEO, Walmart Asia
• Terry Gou, Chairman and CEO, Hon Hai/Foxconn Technology Group
• Tony Fernandes, Group CEO, AirAsia
Moderated by: Peter Gontha, Publisher, BeritaSatu Media Holdings
The State of the Global Trading System: Where to Next?
• What are the main challenges to global free trade?
• How can initiatives like the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership
(RCEP) and the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) advance the APEC vision of free
and open trade in the Asia Pacific?
• Where to next for the global trading system?
• Prime Minister John Key, New Zealand
• Gita Wirjawan, Trade Minister, Indonesia
• Hiromasa Yonekura, KEIDANREN Chairman and Chairman, Sumitomo
• Michael Ducker, President and COO, International FedEx Express
Moderated by: Susan Schwab, Former US Trade Representative