2013 APEC CEO Summit Keynot Adress and Dialogue by President Park Geun-Hye of the Republic of Korea
Topic: The Business of Innovation: Why Does it Matter?
• How significant is the impact of innovation for competitiveness and growth?
• How can governments and companies promote innovation? What are their specific roles?
• How does innovation create breakthrough for regular business flows?
Summit Keynote Address by President Park Geun-Hye of the Republic of Korea followed by Summit Dialogue with Business Leaders:
• Cher Wang, Chairperson, HTC Corporation
• Eric Rudder, Executive Vice President for Advanced Strategy and Research, Microsoft
• John Rice, Vice Chairman, General Electric Company
Moderated by: Ellana Lee, Vice President and Managing Editor, CNN International Asia Pacific
2013 APEC CEO Summit Conversation on Sources of Economic Growth
Topic: Taking Another Look at the Asia Pacific: Where are the New Opportunities for Growth
Summit Conversation with President Vladimir Putin of Russia
Moderated by: Andrey Kostin, Chairman, VTB Bank
Keynote Address Address by Secretary of State John Kerry of the United States on America's Priorities for the Global Economy
Topic: America's Leadership and Priorities: What They Mean for the World
2013 APEC CEO Summit Discussion
The Future of Emerging Markets: Where are the Next Breakout Nations?
• Going forward, what will drive growth in emerging markets?
• Is the emerging markets story over?
• Where will we find the next “Breakout Nations”?
Presentation by Ruchir Sharma, author of “Breakout Nations” followed by
• Karen Agustiawan, President and CEO, Pertamina
• Kevin Lu, Director for Asia-Pacific MIGA, World Bank Group
• Pierre Gignac, Acting President and CEO, Export Development Canada
Moderated by: Timothy Ong, Chairman, Asia Inc Forum
2013 APEC CEO Summit Conversation on Investment and Infrastructure and Human Capital
Investing for Economic Resilience
• What are the investment priorities in infrastructure and human capital?
• What is the role of government and business in facilitating investment?
A Conversation with:
• Prime Minister Najib Razak, Malaysia
• President Enrique Peña Nieto, Mexico
Moderated by: Diane Brady, Senior Editor, Bloomberg Businessweek