My name is Steve Hullfish. I am the author of "The Art and Technique of Digital Color Correction" on Focal Press. It was just released last month.
This is a 12 minute tutorial on how to use Apple Color's Secondary Color Correction Room (tab).
What is Color Grading? What is a Colorist? It's the last step in the post process, the sexy part of filmmaking, the stuff of legend for those who have pioneered the path of Colorist. Please join me as I share with you how to utilize the tools in FCP X to color like the pros and bring new dimension and scope to your filmmaking!
Luster Grade Presets for FCP X
- Denver Riddle, Colorist
The eyes of the world have turned to the UK in recent years and have found some of the most exciting, genre-defying young artists to emerge from electronic music. But while London's scene can be fractious and hard to pin down, there seems to be something in the air in Bristol that unites its participants. Whether they're creating dubstep, house, techno or something else entirely, the cross-pollination in Bristol is unique. In RA's first official entry into video, we journey to Bristol to explore how the city has flourished in recent years, discovering why this small metropolis is one of the most influential electronic music outposts in the world today.
Visit the feature page on RA: residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1360
60 seconds of beauty submitted by users to the first round of The Beauty Of A Second short film contest.
** UPDATE **
Good news, moviemakers: Due to the success and massive response The Beauty of a Second has been extended with one extra round! The deadline for submitting one-second videos is now January 20.
Create your own playlist now on the site or upload your second of beauty to participate in the next round now. 20 videos will be shortlisted from each of the three rounds to be judged by Wim Wenders in the grand final.
For more information visit: montblanconesecond.com/#/en/the-challenge
Montblanc and Leo Burnett Milan pay homage to the chronograph -- which recorded time to the accuracy of a fifth of a second -- with a short film challenge. The Beauty of a Second is a contest curated by Wim Wenders which asks users to demonstrate beauty in a second of film. The winner will meet Wenders and win a Montblanc Nicolas Rieussec chronograph.
Every Second Counts!
Update: The music is made by Marcus Loeber (marcusloeber.com/)
Buy the original soundtrack from the campaign here:
Check out our new film 'The Maker' youtu.be/YDXOioU_OKM
Born into a world of numbers, an oppressed zero discovers that through determination, courage, and love, nothing can be truly something.
Zero is a 12'32 stop motion animation written and directed by Christopher Kezelos and produced by Christine Kezelos. For more information, visit zeroshortfilm.com or like us on facebook.com/zeroshortfilm
Zero is available on YouTube with transcripts in over 20 languages: youtube.com/watch?v=LOMbySJTKpg&cc_load_policy=1
About the Director: Christopher Kezelos has recently relocated to Los Angeles from Sydney, Australia and is seeking new Directing opportunities. To get in touch, you can contact him here: zealouscreative.com/contact/
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS:
- 2011 Shorts Film Festival: Best FX
- 2011 Lady Filmmakers Film Festival: Ladies Kick Butt Award
- 2011 Sandfly Film Festival - Best Animation
- 2011 Sandfly Film Festival - Best Australian Short
- 2011 Sandfly Film Festival - Best at Sandfly
- 2010 LA Shorts Fest: Best Animation
- 2010 Rhode Island International Film Festival: First Place - Best Animation
- 2010 ATOM Awards: Best Short Animation
- 2010 Grand OFF - World Independent Film Awards: Best Animation
- 2010 Naples International Film Festival: Best Short Film
- 2010 Bondi Short Film Festival: Best Script
- 2010 Bondi Short Film Festival: Best Design
- 2010 Flickerfest International Film Festival: Best Achievement in Sound
- 2010 Australian Cinematographers Society: Golden Tripod - Experimental & Specialised (National)
- 2010 AFI Awards: Nominated for Best Short Animation
- 2010 Inside Film Awards: Nominated for Best Short Animation
- 2010 APRA Screen Music Awards: Nominated for Best Music in a Short Film
- 2010 Australian Screen Sound Awards: Nominated for Best Sound in a Short Film
- 2009 Australian Cinematographers Society: Gold Award - Experimental & Specialised (NSW/ACT)
- 2010 Palm Springs International ShortFest & Film Market: Official Selection
- 2010 St. Louis International Film Festival: Official Selection
- 2010 Savannah Film Festival: Official Selection
- 2010 Hiroshima International Animation Festival: Official Selection
- 2010 Seoul International Cartoon Animation Festival: Official Selection (SICAF Choice)
(View All: zeroshortfilm.com/category/screenings-awards/)
Watch the behind the scenes video: vimeo.com/8452412
Thanks to 'Short of the Week' for helping bring our film to the attention of online audiences:
Browse This Channel
Check out this new music video. SPACE BARS. vimeo.com/83814022
Listen Carefully is a fashion and lifestyle short about inspiration:
An amazing video showcasing a years worth of shooting with gorgeous celebrity model, Naduah Rugely. Enjoy this intense, personal video!