Archiculture examines the current and future state of studio-based, design education.
Archiculture takes a thoughtful, yet critical look at the architectural studio. The film offers a unique glimpse into the world of studio-based, design education through the eyes of a group of students finishing their final design projects. Interviews with leading professionals, historians and educators help create crucial dialog around the key issues faced by this unique teaching methodology.
1. Intro - Welcome to archiCULTURE
2. Design Education - So What Exactly is Design Education?
3. Studio Culture - Meet Your New Family
4. Critique - Desk Crits, Pin Ups, Juries O’ My!
5. Best Architects - Making it as an Architect
6. School vs. Practice - Two Worlds Collide
7. Starchitecture - The Plague of the Starchitect
8. New generation - The Designers of Tomorrow
9. The Future - I See Myself...
A two-minute animated voyage through some of the most iconic masterpices of modern architecture:
Ville Savoye by Le Corbusier, Rietveld Schröder House by Gerrit Rietveld, Farnsworth House by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Glass House by Philip Johnson and Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd Wright.
We really enjoyed working on this beautiful film from Elias. Here's some words from him
"Design Starts Here is my graduation project for the MA Graphic Moving Image course at London College of Communication. From my research into the motion design and graphic design industries, I have often discovered that many people place too much of an emphasis on software. I wanted to express in my short film how good design is in fact about coming up with ideas – that often start from pencil and paper – not just the tools at your disposal."