Opening titles for Europe In 8 Bits documentary.
Direction, Design, Animation & Music: Device
EUROPE IN 8 BITS is a documentary directed by Javier Polo that explores the world of chip music, a new musical trend that is growing exponentially throughout Europe. The stars of this musical movement reveal to us how to reuse old videogames hardware like Nintendo’s GameBoy, NES, Atari ST, Amiga and the Commodore 64 to turn them into a tool capable of creating a new sound, a modern tempo and an innovative musical style. This is a new way of interpreting music performed by a great many artists who show their skills in turning these “limited” machines designed for leisure in the 80’s into surprising musical instruments and graphical tools. It will leave nobody indifferent.
This is a FULL 3D ANIMATION
ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN, MODELING, SHADING, TEXTURE, LIGHTING, RENDERING, POST PROCESS, VISUAL EFFECTS, MUSIC PRODUCTION
***BY THIAGO LIMA***
INFORMAÇÕES SOBRE O CURSO 3D - BUTTERFLY
THE CONCEPT OF BUTTERFLY HOUSE
When I was just a kid, I´ve been painting some butterfly in a nice way, the method consist in draw just in one side of the paper then close the both sides to have a mirrored image. The most common image was a butterfly.
This thing keep in my mind until these days. I ever think about create some new architecture using this mirror idea to create a new image. A lot of kind of solutions passed through my mind but I never did, until now.
I was really really tired to see the same kind of 3D architectural images: Box house on middle of trees or just lofts with same furniture. So I mixed this two problems and thought in a solution., using the butterfly main idea. It was just think "outside the box".
95% of the models was made by myself and the other 5% are premade models.
Music video for "We Must Be Crazy", by award winning singer-songwriter Milow, is a cinematic retro-futuristic spin on the classic Pinocchio story, a post modern fairy tale about the limitations of using technology to battle loneliness.
Director: Norman Bates
Producer: Chou-Jung Kuo
Production company: Lovo Films
Production manager: Thomas Anthoni
Director of photography: Bjorn Charpentier
Editor: Gert Van Berckelaer
1 AD: Soraya Verbeke
2 AD: Andreas Verlinden
Focus puller: Hannes Bruyneel
DIT: Bryan Moors, Niels Vermeylen
Gaffer: Peter van den Bosch
Electricians: Mattijs Nackaerts, Tom Van Sand
Art Department: Jef Peremans
Art Department: Jacques Van Loock
Make-up: Lili Dang-Vu
Make-up Assistent: Sky Van der Hoek
Prosthetic SFX Make-up: Saskia Verreycken
Wardrobe: Melissa Fellahi
Animatronic artist: Chris Clarke & Millenium FX
Animatronic puppeteers: Matthew Gerard Moore, Timothy Brian Berry
Floor manager: Justine Desmet
Runner: Boris Bezic
Colourist: Olivier Ogneux
Grading company: Nozon
Sound design: Christophe Loerke
Sound studio and online: Compost
Young woman: Laura Verlinden
Young man: Joren Seldeslachts
Old woman: Lut Tomsin
Old man: Francois Beukelaers
Extras: Joke De Coninck, Annelies Heyvaert, Nick Bal
Thanks to: Catherina Allaert, Tim Driesen, Bert Van Dael normanbates.tv