This is a film for everyone who has ever been on a shit night out.
WARNING: Contains strobing, flashing lights!
Directed by Bjorn-Erik Aschim
Produced at The Line.
Sound & Music by Box of Toys Audio
Animated by Bjorn-Erik Aschim, Kristian Antonelli, James Duveen, Wesley Louis, Tim McCourt, Jonathan Djob Nkondo and Sam Taylor
Composited by Max Taylor
Backgrounds by Bjorn-Erik Aschim
A lone hunter making ends meet in a world without a sun. He uses light to catch his prey, but unfortunately, so do the other creatures.
This one was a long time coming. As a mid year school project, I never brought it to the point I wanted. But the compositing and sound is finally finished and is ready for viewing! Looking forward to advancing this premise into a game as far as my skills allow. (that will be an even longer time coming :) Enjoy!
An animation to accompany the New York Times' annual 'Holiday Books' supplement:
The idea was to show what books get up to when we step out of the room. Watch full screen for ultimate effect!
Production Company: Nexus
Director + Designer: Johnny Kelly
Producer: Isobel Conroy
Project Lead: Mark Davies
Animation: Sergei Shabarov, Michal Firkowski, Fabrice Fiteni, Mark Davies
3D Rendering: Michal Firkowski, Jeremi Boutelet, Mark Davies
3D Modeller: Florent Rousseau
Compositing: Elliott Kajdan
Client: New York Times Book Review
Art Direction: Nicholas Blechman
Music & Sound Design: David Kamp
This music video tells the surreal adventures of a man traveling to the other end of the universe, to rescue a mysterious woman. Alone aboard his ship, he must face a series of obstacles to cross the vastness of space that prevents from reaching her.
Inspired by retro gaming design and Jim's Guthrie visual universe, this music video revolves around space, surrealism, adventure and mystery.
Also we just love polygons! It's old school.
Director : Geoffrey Skrajewski [geoffreyskrajewski.com]
Production : SHED [shedmtl.com]
Coordinator : Alexandra Quesnel
Motion design : Guillaume Combeaud [guillaumecombeaud.com] and Gabriel Grenier
Modeling : Mikhail Semionov
Color grading : Charles-Étienne Pascal [iseehue.com]
Face illustration : Steve Courtney [stevecourtney.com/portfolio/]
Music and lyrics by Jim Guthrie [jimguthrie.org/]
Making of teaser : vimeo.com/17197909
Making of #1 : vimeo.com/19900536
Making of #2 : vimeo.com/22963108
Making of #3 : vimeo.com/28585796
Making of #4 : vimeo.com/38009169
850 METERS is an animated comedy short produced by THURISTAR in coproduction with Lunanime, currently screening in festivals. The short has also aired on CANAL+ in France and will soon be shown on Ketnet (VRT) and Ouftivi (RTBF) in Belgium.
Synopsis : A not-so-brave knight is on a quest for Fame and Fortune - legend says rescuing a princess is the way to go. And in those same fairy tales, there's only one way to slay the dragon that hold the fair lady captive : find the invincible sword. To reach his goal, the knight is ready to go far. Maybe even as far as 850 meters...
A THURISTAR -- Lunanime short film
Starring Roger Flambé
Written and directed by Joeri Christiaen
Co-written and produced by Perrine Gauthier
Coproduced by Annemie Degryse
Music by Frederik Segers
With the participation of CANAL+, pmG Worldwide (messiahStudio) and Temple of Tune
With the support of the Flanders Audiovisual Fund and Provinciebestuur Oost Vlaanderen
Taxshelter partner : BUSI (Business & Systems Integration)
Image by Joeri Christiaen
With help from Olivier Thill, Julien Schmitt, Wouter Aarts, Michael Mahy and Mette Tange
2D artwork : Andry Rajoelina
Programming and rigging : Vegard Myklebust
messiahStudio support : Fori Owurowa
Sound design and mix : Temple of Tune / Fredo Gevaert and Jorka Decroubele
Voice recording : Piste Rouge
With the voices of : Manu Garijo, David Gasman, Mirabelle Kirkland and Barbara Beretta
Music recording and premix : Boma Studio
Lab : Studio L'Equipe
Making-of by Antoine Kerninon
FESTIVALS HISTORY :
* AUDIENCE AWARD, Mundos Digitales Festival -- Spain, July 2013
* SPECIAL MENTION (adult jury) International Film Festival for Children and Youth (FICAIJ) -- Venezuela, May 2013
Past and upcoming selections:
* Festival Internacional de Cine de Lanzarote -- Spain, April 2013
* Chilemonos International Animation Festival -- Chile, May 2013
* International Film Festival for Children and Youth (FICAIJ) -- Venezuela, May 2013
* RabbitFest, Festival di Cinema di Animazione -- Italy, June 2013
* Neum Animated Film Festival -- Bosnia-Herzegovnia, June-July 2013
* Mundos Digitales Festival -- Spain, July 2013
* Supertoon -- Croatia, July-August 2013
* Anima Mundi -- Brazil, August 2013
* Anibar – Kosovo, August 2013
* Animated Eden – UK, September 2013
* Film Festival Oostende, Ensors – Belgium, September 2013
* KinoFest – Romania, September 2013
* Balkanima – Serbia, October 2013
* Shnit International Short Film Festival (non-competitive program) – Switzerland, October 2013
* KuanDu International Animation Festival – Taiwan, October 2013
* Miami International Animation Festival – USA, October 2013
* Banjaluka – Bosnia-Herzegovnia, October 2013
* ReAnimania – Armenia, October 2013
* Golden Orchid International Animation Festival – USA, November 2013
* Multivision – Russia, November 2013
* SIGGRAPH Asia – Hong-Kong, November 2013
* Expotoons – Argentina, November 2013
* BUtiful Film Festival – UK, November 2013
* Les Nuits Magiques – France, December 2013
A channel for admirers of animation. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the greatest animation talent out there carefully handpicked for you!
For all submissions: email@example.com
Don't be shy! I'll try and add as many great films as possible and the one's that don't make it will go into "Animation" group.
Browse This Channel
here is my graduation film from Bezalel academy,
a puppet animation short!!
LA DANZA DE LA DESTRUCCIÓN
A man performs a mysterious ritual in an abandoned hangar - a group of children dancing in a clearing in the middle of the night.
Check out our new video for Polar Pair:)