Every year governments spend massive amount of money on infrastructure, cultural and social projects across nations. Most of the times governments are short in budgets and usually spend long time planning new projects. After a project starts many questions rise on necessity of the project and once its done people are not always satisfied with the result.
Over the past few years we have seen successful online crowdfunding and crowdsourcing platforms, But these platform are mostly funding small projects in various creative categories.
But what if we can use crowdfunding platforms in different ways.
Introducing “Made by You” a platform for connecting government and its citizens.
Government organization can invite individuals and private entities to participate in projects that are not part of government funded programmes.
The municipality informs general public that they want to convert an old factory in the middle of the town into a new project.
1. Individuals and companies submit their proposals for what they think is the best to do with this place.
2. General public review all the proposals and their estimated budget for this new project .
3. People choose from different pledge options which gives them different participation opportunity. If project is successfully funded it will commence otherwise it has been rejected by people.
4. The winning idea will get different financial and social rewards depends on project.
The result can be:
Long term benefit for society
- and in many countries helps practicing democracy.
Concept for an interactive application that would keep you connected with your child even when you can't be with them every day. You can take care of your responsibilities, and not have to worry that you're not being there for your little one. Made for a class at Rochester Institute of Technology in the New Media Design program.
Introducing Undefeated, the simulator and app for rehabilitating paraplegics.
Future Lions 2013
This channel tries to collect all of the Future Lions 2013 entries on Vimeo. Add your video by posting the link in the "Shout Box" below or send me a message.
Remember to check off the box, allowing people to add your video to collections, in you video settings.