I added the M31 LUT to the footage within DaVinci Resolve, then tweaked the skin tones and contrast. For most of the shots I would track a sharpened mask to the main subject of the shot.
Shot on the Canon 50D w/ Magic Lantern Raw Video Hack at 1584×674px (2.35 aspect ratio) + Canon 35mm 1.4 and Canon 50mm 1.4 - f2.2 + 1/48 + iso 320
- Run raw files through RAWMagic Lite to convert them into DNGs
- Bring the DNGs through DaVinci in a 1920x800 composition.
- Set the footage to BMD Film, add VisionColors M31 LUT, then fix exposure, skintones, and sharpen certain aspects of the image
- Export as DPX sequence and bring the footage into After Effects where I denoise and then add film grain.
- Export from After Effects as AppleProRes4444 and bring into Premiere.
- Cut the footage and then export as AppleProRes422(Proxy) and upload to VImeo.