I am just an ordinary 50something woman having extraordinary fun! My fun right now includes:
- barefoot and minimalist running,
- swimming and having a new pool in my back yard,
- triathlon training and learning not to be terrified on a bike,
- gardening on my acre and in my greenhouse,
- discovering how to be a grandma (going by the grandma name of “Lulu”),
- sewing, but never completely following the instructions
- studying Mandarin Chinese,
- learning about the stock market, economics, and accounting (even though it leads to ever increasing frustration with the government),
- non-institutional Christian fellowship,
- food storage and cooking
- raising chickens in spite of the predators
- occasional traveling,
- helpless female "situations"
- and, of course, I enjoy writing!
My husband and I have nearly graduated from raising our seven children to adulthood; now we can enjoy family life in a whole different way. I attempt to have a flexible routine, well peppered with daily improvisations because, although I like to plan, there is nothing like living life now!
- Daily Improvisations - blogging about gardening, fitness after age 50, stock market diaries, chickens, Bible News Press reporter on the scene, and more.