Eth night

Eth night

Is it possible to have a simple php uploader library, where I just enter my username and password in the API and it lets me upload?

For example, I would like to create a automatic uploader that would work without me entering my username and password everytime, and as far as I understand, the current API doesn't allow that.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

The API does not use your password. You have to authenticate with Vimeo, and you get a token back. The token represents your logged in session.

So when you upload with the API, you pass along your token and Vimeo will know it is you.

The PHP library (here: vimeo.com/api/docs/advanced-api) has an example that will allow you to get a token. Then you can use the upload function in that.

Eth night

Eth night

Can I get this token from a normal login?
For example, if my program emulates a login like it goes through the browser, does it get back the same token from the website as if it was request via api?

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

No. The only way to upload using the API is to authenticate with Vimeo, which will give you the token that you need to use the Upload API.

Eth night

Eth night

ehh. why can't you just do it like the rest of the world? (I mean youtube).

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.