Andy Mikulski

Andy Mikulski

Howdy.

I'm using the oEmbed API with PHP, and everything seemed to be working fine. I can get thumbnails and put them in the page, and on other pages embed the video itself, which is basically all I needed the oEmbed for.

BUT! For some reason the thumbnails randomly won't load. The URL will be there in the code, and when I copy/paste the thumbnail URL into a browser, it works just fine, it just doesn't seem to always load when the page starts.

I imagine it's just a problem with loading the thumbnail when the page loads, but is there anything I can do to prevent this, or to (at least) have the thumbs preloaded? Anything to prevent the thumbnails from not loading.

Thank you for the help!

Andy Mikulski

Andy Mikulski

indiestar.tv/videos.php

Though it may not happen on that page when you load it - I just loaded it now and it was fine, but went to the next page ( indiestar.tv/videos.php?start=9 ) and it was missing thumbs.

The way it works is the video IDs are stored in a SQL database, and PHP looks them up and uses the oEmbed API to get the thumbnail URL. Maybe I'm queuing the Vimeo server too fast or something? I'm not sure.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.