Dmitrij Filatov

Dmitrij Filatov

Hello!

I want to use vimeo API to create a small video sharing website(extreme sports).

All videos need to be stored within one account.

Scheme is described below:

1) User upload video to my website, website sends it to vimeo for my account for transcoding.

2) When video get transcoded, I'll automatically will embed it on my website pages.

As I understand, I need a FROB param to get correct sign. The question is what is the live time for this parameter? Can I create it for my account only one time and then use for all API calls without need to re-authentificate from time to time?

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

The frob is just a temporary key, when you pass it to vimeo.auth.getToken, it gets destroyed. Once you have the token, you'll never need to re-authenticate.

Dmitrij Filatov

Dmitrij Filatov

Thanks for answer, Brad!

I noticed some error in your documentation vimeo.com/api/docs/signing

there is no information, than developer need to include AUTH_TOKEN param in call signature and params.

Without this param application fails to auth. I have included token in both signature and URL's paramas and all works fine.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

It's only necessary to include the token when you're making a call to a method that requires authentication.

Thomas Antonymuthu

Thomas Antonymuthu

This is for vimeo staff. I am using advanced api video upload from my site to vimeo. The upload page does not come in the example.php file. I use example.php and phpVimeo.php. I have set $api_key , $api_secret, $api_sig and $ticket_id . When i run the example.php file it asks to login. If i login then the message comes as

"Great, you have granted permission for methode. You can probably close this window. "

How can i upload video from my site to vimeo? Please help me
This is for vimeo staff. I am using advanced api video upload from my site to vimeo. The upload page does not come in the example.php file. I use example.php and phpVimeo.php. I have set $api_key , $api_secret, $api_sig and $ticket_id . When i run the example.php file it asks to login. If i login then the message comes as

"Great, you have granted permission for methode. You can probably close this window. "

How can i upload video from my site to vimeo? Please help me
This is my vimeo account vimeo.com/me20

I try to upload video from this url

method-e.com/vimeo/example.php

Thanks
This is my vimeo account vimeo.com/me20

I try to upload video from this url

method-e.com/vimeo/example.php

Thanks

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.