Herbert Yeung

Herbert Yeung

Hi,

I am creating a mobile app that is trying to conduct a search using the vimeo API but without relying on the user to have to authenticate.

The issue is more to do with the usability of the advanced API and whether the search functionality in version 2 of the API will support search using only a 2-legged approach?

I cannot understand why a user needs to authenticate (for the first time) to do a search?

Or is it simply, I will need to only have to generate a 'token' and use it forever more for any user that uses the mobile app? If this is the case, then wouldn't it be more prudent to make search use a 2-legged approach?

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

No authentication is required for vimeo.videos.search. You would only need to authenticate if you want a user's private videos to show up in the search.

ohsIO

ohsIO

This does not appear to be true anymore. Just to be clear, is there anyway to get json for all videos related to a query without OAuth? There must be an api to search public videos without logging in, thats what the simple API is for right?

Gadelkareem

Gadelkareem

why nobody replies?!
we need to search using JSONP!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.