mgan

mgan

Was reading the documentation here:

vimeo.com/api

and it says to use the url as an example.

api.vimeo.com/user204693/appears_in/xml?key=MyDeveloperKey

my php call to simpleXml on the corresponding URL (with my user and key) was throwing fatal errors in the constructor.

Entity: line 1: parser error : Space required after the Public Identifier in ... my apache root doc.

So I tried the same request in my browser and looks like there was a redirect

vimeo.com/api/user200004/clips/xml?key=myKey

Assuming there was a change in the way the rest web service is directing urls? Might want to update the doc. Just thought I'd mention it :)

Ted Roden

Ted Roden

Yeah. The API does do a redirect, but most web libraries should follow the redirect. You can just use vimeo.com/api though.

noonat

noonat

I also found it confusing that the API docs say they support "JSON, PHP, and XML" but then the parameter is js instead of json. I figured it out eventually when I looked at the example on the page, but I spent a while trying to figure out why I was getting a 404.

Ted Roden

Ted Roden

I'd never noticed that, I'll get that fixed so that it accepts both.

Thanks for pointing it out.

noonat

noonat

No problem! I should also point out two other typos I noticed... in the list of data it says "stats_number_of_view" instead of "stats_number_of_views" (plural).

In the example at the bottom:
js.setAttribute("langauge", "JavaScript");

(misspelled language)

mgan

mgan

@Ted:

Yeah I had to use vimeo.com/api/ for my service call. I'm using cURL to get the content of the xml file because my web host has disabled url_includes. For some reason my cURL request didn't trigger the redirect. So guess if anyone else is having this issue take note :)

hemumlbx

hemumlbx

Hi i am triing to use the vimeo api thinking will not work as so many people documented no answers so hav to think...

Ted Roden

Ted Roden

What problems are you having?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.