Mike

Mike

Let's say I want to open 'vimeo.com/api/streeter/appears_in/xml'; in PHP. Where exactly do I fopen to? I've tried it with a bunch of different file extensions, but none of them work. I feel horribly dumb for not being able to figure this out.

Ted Roden

Ted Roden Alum

Assuming that your version of PHP will allow you to open streams from the internet, you can just fopen that URL.

There is information on doing that here: php.net/manual/en/wrappers.http.php

If it's still not working, try the relevant parts of the code and I'll take a look.

Mike

Mike

I guess my version of PHP doesn't let me open streams from the Internet, so I just opted for saving the files locally and opening them from there. =P

Thanks for the help, Ted, you're a hero.

Mike

Mike

Will there eventually be a way to get less in depth but more complete information? Like "How many clips has this user uploaded?"

It looks like appears_in and clips gives you the same information (and PHP told me it does too), is that true?

Mike

Mike

Oh dear, I'm having problems again (whodathunkit?). I resorted to copying and pasting Jim's script to ensure everything is correct but there are still problems.

ohsquee.net/html/vAPI/jimAPI.php?name=ted

vs

ohsquee.net/html/vAPI/jimAPI.php

Requesting ted's clips results in an error and it gives me what it got. Requesting Jim's clips (script deafults to jimomighty) gives me everything without a hitch. I've played around with names for a bit and I figured that I always get errors when the users have more than 22 videos and I get no errors with users less than 22.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.