Benbil Ltd

Benbil Ltd

I tried connect vimeo for upload videos from my website and I got 'CONSUMER_KEY', 'CONSUMER_SECRET', 'ACCESS_TOKEN', 'ACCESS_TOKEN_SECRET' ,but i cant upload ,always getting this error

Encountered an API error -- code 701 - Cannot upload

And i have to get 'ACCESS_TOKEN', 'ACCESS_TOKEN_SECRET' all time ?
Help me pls

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

It usually means your API key does not have permission to upload.

svn

svn

if so how can I get permission as a free vimeo user, I am trying with my localhost

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Just check the box when you create your API application. Keep in mind that we are returning from holiday break and will be going through the upload request backlog over the next day or two.

Ben Johnstone

Ben Johnstone Plus

I'm having the same issue, but am not sure if it is because it still awaiting upload request approval or if it is something I need to trouble shoot further at my end, any way of telling?

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Hi Ben,

Looks like you haven't requested upload access for the apps associated with your account. I can add them into the queue for you if you want.

Ben Johnstone

Ben Johnstone Plus

Ah right, thought I had but obviously not. Yes please Brad - that would be great thanks.

Jignesh Mesvaniya

Jignesh Mesvaniya

i tried to upload video but some problem is there,
Encountered an API error -- code 701 - Cannot upload
i can used OAuth Access Token to access my account with app.

Pls, help me

ajay bomma

ajay bomma

Hello
I tried to upload the video but getting same error as your API key does not have permission to upload.

Same error as above API error -- code 701 - Cannot upload
i can used OAuth Access Token to access my account with app

I checked the check box while creating API Application. can you please provide the solution?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.