Exhibit-it

Exhibit-it Plus

I tried adding this comment to an old post, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't closed or buried.

Can you please provide an option for setting the default thumbnails as soon as possible?

Since the change recently that allows you to scrub the timeline for your thumbnail, the default thumbnail now selects a random image from the video. The default thumbnail used to be set to the starting frame, which makes the most sense, since most productions put a lot of thought into the leading images of their videos.

EASIEST OPTION - provide a new Video option in My Settings to set the default thumbnail to the starting frame or a random frame.

ADVANCED API OPTIONS - either of these would be OK, though the first option would best as it eliminates the need to upload additional files.
1. vimeo.videos.setThumbnailframe - to assign a specific time frame from your video timeline
2. vimeo.videos.addThumbnail - to upload your on thumbnail
We are about to launch our new site later this month and Vimeo plays a major role in our site concept. Being able to set the default thumbnail to the starting frame was one of the main reasons why we chose to go with Vimeo over YouTube. We really need to have some consistent way of setting our member's feature image in all embedded videos for within our site and anywhere else they get shared.

Thanks in advance, Alan

Link: vimeo.com/exhibitit/videos

Exhibit-it

Exhibit-it Plus

Can someone please reply to my post? It's been two weeks now and nothing…??

Exhibit-it

Exhibit-it Plus

I'm still waiting for someone to reply to this post, and now the situation has got worse. Now instead of a random frame from the video, the default thumbnail is the multi-coloured Vimeo bars.

When will there be an API option for setting the default thumbnail? I can't be the only person requesting a developer option to set the default thumbnail.

Please reply with a solution…

Luxury Exchange

Luxury Exchange PRO

I also would like to know if there is a way to default to the first frame for the thumbnail, at the moment we have to go in and change the thumbnail for each and every video - maybe there's already this option and I missed it?

Thanks,
Gabriel

Clare Senior Hurling

Clare Senior Hurling

Yeah that would be sweet.. I've checked all of the help for this but no joy.. Am I missing something?

PromoNet

PromoNet Plus

seriously is there no default thumbnail option still?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.