KwiClick

KwiClick

We are building an application that would like to retrieve the following:
Popular Videos
Popular Groups
Staff Picks
Random
Most Viewed Today/Week/Month/All Time

Is this possible through the current API? I did not see any references to these calls.

Thanks,
-=Vin

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Staff picks is a channel: vimeo.com/staffpicks. We'll be adding channel methods to the advanced API soon.

As for the others, I'm looking in to adding sorting to the API, which will get you close to most of those (like getting a list of all groups, sorted by most subscribed).

KwiClick

KwiClick

Any update on these API calls? It would be quite useful for our application.

KwiClick

KwiClick

Thanks Brad. Looking forward to the updated API calls.

andiger

andiger

Hi Brad,
when can the new large api update be released.
At the moment i'm trying to play around the upload api, but if in the near future a new api will be released, it's better to wait

thanks for reply

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Most of the changes are behind-the-scenes and the addition of several new methods (including groups and channels!).

There are also a few old methods that will be renamed to make them clearer, and a couple that we are slightly changing.

The upload API is not changing, except for renaming the methods, so if you're just playing around with that you don't have to worry about it changing substantially.

andiger

andiger

Hi Brad,
thanks for the reply, actually the playing with the upload api is not very successfull... :-(

aver the api i get the valid token with "vimeo.auth.getToken", than i get the valid upload ticket with "vimeo.videos.getUploadTicket"
after that i post the video to vimeo.com/services/upload with the ticket_id and auth_token and the binary video
the response of the post request is: <rsp stat="ok"></rsp>
seems to be ok...
after that i call "vimeo.videos.checkUploadStatus" with the known ticket_id, and every time i get is_uploading="1" is_transcoding="0" transcoding_progress="0", see example at vimeo.com/2758390

so the video is not visible, what is wrong? where is the error?
thanks in advance

andiger

andiger

ok, sorry guys :-)
the error is found: the Content-Type header for the file part was default to "application/octet-stream", but it should be s.th. like "video/mpg", otherwise it's not accepted by vimeo, actually the upload api should provide a complete example with the post request for the upload, in my case this could have helped... :-)
any way, it works now!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.