VideoSpectra

VideoSpectra Plus

We want to know if a vimeo video can be embedded in a flash project, because we found the examples given in your site to be empty. If embedding vimeo video in flash project is possible then kindly provide us with the complete procedure for it.

Mark

Mark Staff

Maybe! Unfortunately we can't help you with that though. But if our embed code works, then go for it.

VideoSpectra

VideoSpectra Plus

We have gone through this following link - developer.vimeo.com/player/as-api#embedding, also have the Consumer key i.e. oauth_key, but unable to make out why it is required to 'Request Upload Access', what to do after that and where to put the embed code in the FLASH project. Can you help us please with regard to this?

We are providing you a link below for your reference. There we have implemented a youtube video but want to give vimeo video at that place.

Link: arbionics.com/FLASH/

VideoSpectra

VideoSpectra Plus

Hi Darnell,
Thanks for your response. I've enclosed the code below. It is not showing any error though but neither any video. What am I supposed to do now? Kindly suggest.

package com.vimeo.example {

import com.vimeo.api.VimeoPlayer;

import flash.display.Sprite;
import flash.display.StageAlign;
import flash.display.StageScaleMode;

public class ExampleProject extends Sprite{

// Elements
private var player : VimeoPlayer;

public function ExampleProject() {
// constructor code
super();
init();
}

public function init() : void
{
stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;
stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;

player = new VimeoPlayer("key", clip_id, 720, 405);
this.addChild(player);
}
}

}

Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox

com.vimeo.api.VimeoPlayer works for me. Do you have actual values for the first two arguments to the VimeoPlayer() constructor? e.i. VimeoPlayer(b4916356a1bdf199752c28f0b2d72fe0c3a544b2, 59007307, 720, 405) These are spoofed values by the way so don't try to use these exact ones.

Try removing
stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;
stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;

They provide the actual VimeoPlayer.as class, so you can stuff that full of traces. Also try using a network monitor (Chrome has one built in)

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.