DarkPlace

DarkPlace Plus

Hi

I have 7d footage which I'm trying to export from Final cut express and when I do it loses quality and comes out a little pixelated.

The video is 1920 x 1080, 25 fps, in 'Get Info' it tells me Codecs: H.264, Linear PCM. The total bit rate is 46,000- 47,000.

In Final Cut the easy set up for the project is HDV-Apple Intermediate Codec 1080i50.

Then I export it at Compression Type: H.264. Keyframes every 25 fr. Encoding: Best Quality.

And export Dimensions: 1280x720 HD

What am I doing wrong?

Please Help I need to sort this ASAP.

Dan Skahan

Dan Skahan Plus

Try exporting from FCE using QuickTime Movie. This should give you a large .mov file.
Open that file with MPEG Streamclip and export to the prescribed settings given on this site for that application.

Link: vimeo.com/help/compression

DarkPlace

DarkPlace Plus

Hi there I've actually moved to premiere pro and just to be certain I've set up a project dslr 1050 25 fr and if i export at h.264 and from premiere pro once iv finished my edit, it comes out as an mpeg4, is this right and i'm not 100% certain if it comes out best quality with these settings? Also just to comfirm I don't need to convert the footage into something before editing in pro?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.