Kim Vesterlund

Kim Vesterlund

Hi, came up with at problem when I was about to import .MXF files into FCP 7. It won't work... at all. Tried to use Mpeg streamclip to do the conversion but didn't work either. Have tried to download a couple of plug-ins for both of the apps an nothing seems to work.

Do someone have any idea to make this work? Any suggestion is a good one.

Thanks

/Kim

Lifephotographers by M.Yiannakis

Lifephotographers by M.Yiannakis

Depends what camera the footage was shot. Have you tried XDCAM transfer software.its a plugin you can download for free

Timon Weerstand

Timon Weerstand

But you have a watermark if you use that program :(

Kim Vesterlund

Kim Vesterlund

Marinos,

Tried a couple of valid plugins including your suggestion but none of them worked. :(

The only way to get the files to work was to convert them in a video converter. It was a hassle but it worked.

And for gods sake, don't make your clips h.264. If you do, FCP will crash and give you a error message that says "out of memory"! Make the clips to prores 422 and the problem will never show up. I know it wasn't the first problem i had but want to tell you guys so you can spread the word if someone will ask.

Thanks guys

jackadision

jackadision

you can do MXF video editing and converting MXF video to any other general or popular video formats you can use Panasonic MXF video converter. this tool is free for downloading, it is very efficient and simple tool for MXF video related operations.

Link: mxfvideoconverter.net

Chris  King

Chris King

Nowadays, professional High Definition camcorders like Panasonic AG-AC130EJ, AJ-HPX370, Canon XF300, XF305, Sony EX camera which output .mxf HD video files are becoming more and more popular with its professional and amazing shoot and capture functions. While, the output MXF files are not so easy to edit in NLE including the popular Final Cut Pro...

That's best solution I've worked out for you:chrisbrownworld.com/us/node/903450

Ozzie Robin

Ozzie Robin

MXF, short form for Material eXchange Format, is a container format (Like AVI) for professional digital video and audio media defined by a set of SMPTE standards. MXF is fairly effective at the interchange of D10 (IMX) material and is used by more and more professional camcorders like Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2 502, Panasonic P2 HD, Panasonic DVCPRO P2, Panasonic AVCCAM, HVX200, Canon XF300/XF305, and Sony PMW-EX1/EX3/800/VX10/350K etc. to store video, audio, and programmed data.

Recommend a YouTube video guide about how to convert mxf files to mov as you want at:youtube.com/watch?v=wbh7mDo-wvc?xl

TaylorKevin

TaylorKevin

You can't import .MXF files into FCP 7 directly.So you have to transcode .MXF files to ProRes codec ( *.mov ) first,and then import the transcoded files into FCP 7.

I use UFUSoft Mac MXF Converter( ufusoft.com/mxf-converter-for-mac )now.It is very easy to use.

Hope Stronger

Hope Stronger

I know a software called iDealshare VideoGo which can convert MXF to MOV, Apple ProRes, MP4, AVI, WMV, VOB, MPG, DV, MKV, FLV and etc.

It has both Mac version and Windows version

Just google search Step by Step Guide to Convert MXF to MOV with iDealshare VideoGo, you will find a detailed guide.

John Spiziri

John Spiziri Plus

The only thing that has worked for me thus far is Adobe Media Encoder. But even with a 4TB G Drive its taking forever. So while your transcoding find a hobby. But if your working in Avid off a server you cool as well.

janedesting

janedesting

First , you should know that the mxf format can't be supported in the FCP. you can convert it into mov or prores , I strongly recommend you the Prores format , which is the perfect format for you if you want to edit it in FCP. the Render is fast the convert is fast.
Below is an article if you need , it tells you the detailed steps for you about how to convert your mxf files into the format FCP supported.
Convert Sony XDCAM MXF to Multi-track ProRes MOV for FCP
Hope this can help you.

Link: multipelife.com/convert-xdcam-mxf-to-fcp.html

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.