Brianna Sounds

Brianna Sounds

I want to make a video incorporating wearing glow in the dark nail polish, with my nails being the only thing you see in the video. The nail polish glows in person, but not on video, and I did it with out any light sources on.
Maybe I need even more powerful nail polish, or maybe it's my camera? Anyone have any ideas?
My camera is a Panasonic Lumix dmc zs15 16x full HD.

JEL

JEL

Try black-light responsive paint on your nails instead. That stuff comes in various bright colors and works well on video since you can light it as strong as you need.

Brianna Sounds

Brianna Sounds

I don't have a black light though, so would those paints show up at all with out that?

JEL

JEL

In normal light it will just look like regular body-paint. You can mix it with similar colors that don't reflect in black-light to create effects that change between normal light and black-light. But you do need a black-light (they're not too expensive, depending on your budget ofcourse :) )

Brianna Sounds

Brianna Sounds

Hmm, I feel like I'd only ever use the blacklight for this one thing though, so probably won't get one. Thanks for your input!

Brianna Sounds

Brianna Sounds

Does anyone have any other suggestions, I really want to make this work with out a blacklight...unless if that's the only way.

Robert Malcolm

Robert Malcolm

Sorry, but your camera's sensor is only 6.17 x 4.55 mm. On that there are crammed 12.1MP, which means that every pixel is tiny. Tiny pixels need more light than big pixels to create an image in the same way that it's quicker to fill a bucket with water from large bottles with a standard neck than a lot of small bottles with sport-caps. Actually, what you want to do with your camera is something like filling the bucket with a small syringe.

It's a shame, because it sounds like an interesting idea, but like many ideas, you also need the equipment to realise the end product.

If you need more explanation of how pixel dynamics work, let me know.

Brianna Sounds

Brianna Sounds

Yea, filling a bucket w/ a syringe just doesn't work, haha. Thanks!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.