mafotografix

mafotografix

I'm new to the whole video thing and yesterday was my first time recording a long session. This is also my first posting here.

I was shooting video at full HD yesterday when at around the 9 min (2.7gb) mark, the camera made a beep sound (just one). And I also noticed that the access lamp recording light went from flashing to a constant red.
So without taking any chances I stopped the recording and switched CF cards. Thinking perhaps it had reached the 4gb limit and the camera was giving me a warning.
The camera was mounted on a tripod and was stationary during the recording. I was using a 32gb 533x UDMA CF card. There was still 26gb available memory when I stopped the recording.
When reviewing that take, I learned that despite the beep, the camera was still recording footage and thus perhaps I didn't have to stop the process.
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? If so, what was the beep supposed to mean and was it normal for the flashing lamp to stop at this point?
Thanks.

Jack Brandtman

Jack Brandtman Plus

I haven't come across this problem before. But to turn off all bleeping noises on the 5d mark 2, go to the menu, record menu (which is screen 1) and then Beep. Switch that to off. Also make sure you install the new Firmware

mafotografix

mafotografix

Thats for replying. I've turned off the beep since then, I will try to replicate the thing again ... at least to observe if the light turns constant at the 9min mark.

Oh and I dare not upgrade the firmware. Reports are starting to come in about it being buggy with some lenses - 5dmark2.wordpress.com/2010/04/08/malfunction-in-firmware-2-0-4-update/

fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/885884/

philipbloom.co.uk/2010/04/05/5dmkii-2-0-4-firmware-bug-with-canon-f2-8l-is-100mm-macro-lens/

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.