Geoff

Geoff

Hmmm, I'm not sure how to do it in Premier or After Effects but that effect can be reproduced out of the box with Final Cut Pro, I think it's called Ghost Trails. I'm pretty sure After Effects has something similar though. Maybe Andrew Kramer has something about it on VideoCoPilot.net

john cliff

john cliff Plus

Premiere Pro does have an effect called ghosting found under the Blur & Sharpen tab in Effects - you may then need to do a motion blur to soften the edges of the ghosting if you think them too sharp

Rich Maskey

Rich Maskey

i can't find anything called ghosting in the effects, seems this is only available on a PC. why?! grr, does anyone know any 3rd party (free) plugins that will do the same

cheers

Kain & Abel

Kain & Abel

Rich,

stop being lazy and have a proper look again.
the video filter you're looking for is definitely there.
pretty basic effect that comes as standard with any decent NLE. used that same effect light years ago when i used to cut on premiere. cant remember the name of it but im sure its ghosting as mr zulu said. If there is no filter called ghosting have a look at "strobe" .

john cliff

john cliff Plus

long way around would be to do a number of layers of the same footage, each just slightly off time synch or moved slightly with differing transparencies or blending modes and motion blur - if not satisfactory in the raw, export it flattened with lossless codec, bring it back in and then apply blur(s) until happy

David contreras

David contreras

check your premiere again, under video effects, there is ghosting. I just checked mine and it's there

Andy Nguyen

Andy Nguyen

You can do this in premiere, Effects>Time>Echo and adjust the parameters as needed.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.