Brendan reeves

Brendan reeves

i know very little about cameas and editing but want to learn and want to get something that would be good for filming skiing in low light(its never sunny in japan) and also sunny conditions to edit into small movies. i have been trying to research what i shold get but there is so much diffrent choice i dont know what would be best. i would like to stay under the $1000 mark. what do people recommend. also i hate POV cameras as they are chessey and make for boring edits.
what do u guys reccomend?

stephen

stephen

go pro Hero is meant to be good for that kinda stuff.I havnt had a play with one but heard some good things,

roar

roar

Hello Brendan,
IMHO there are not specific cameras fitting ski edits specifically: any camera / camcorder / DSLR within your budget could match what you're looking for. However a lot of people will point out Gopro as the camera for the job, since it is light and designed to face enviromental heavy conditions like low temperature or moist. There are some cons on this camera (it doesn't perform very well with low light --- just to say, any camera with a small sized sensor does) but apart from that image quality is pretty good.
Therefore if you go on slopes only to record other people, any camera would do, but if you're going to ski massively yourself consider something which is easy to carry around. Or tell us more about what you want to achieve and for sure somebody will point out something better for you.

Take care,

Luca

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.