stephen

stephen

does anyone know any sites where you can get music for free/low cost, to use for projects? ive found sites where you can download music but they charge around 50 dollars upwards depending on what you want to use the music for.

Bensound

Bensound

Hey Stephen,
i have created a Website where i offer my music for free with a creative commons license.
Browse my site, maybe you will find something that fit your project. You just have to credit me in your film if you find something you like:

bensound.com

stephen

stephen

thanks allot Ben, will help out loads. youtube wont let most of my videos be viewed cus ive been stealing music from them lol. :)

Kirk Lang

Kirk Lang

One way I can think of is you could try finding some artists on soundcloud and ask them for permission to use one of their tracks, the other way I can think of is this website I heard about at NFFTY, too bad I can't remember what it's called.

Link: nffty.org/

stephen

stephen

I know a few amateur bands, i have started asking them.

cheers
Ste

John Sharp

John Sharp

Try incompetech.com

You can use their music for almost any purpose and they have quite a large range of music.

stephen

stephen

thanks John,

ill have a look :)

stephen

stephen

Matt Wolfe. yeah it is cheap if i'm actually using the music for commercial purpose. but im not making any money, i'm just doing it for fun at the moment.

Cheers
Ste

matt wolfe [cc]

matt wolfe [cc] Plus

Jamendo.com for creative commons stuff... not always great stuff, but some diamonds in the rough if you're willing to look.

songfreedom.com can get you tracks starting at $19.99 for artist of the week, I believe.

Or the music option here on Vimeo, tracks are super cheap.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.