Hark Productions

Hark Productions PRO

Would like to see the ability to organize videos better than most recent, longest, etc. Something as simple as tags would be fine, so we could find previous work faster than having to go through page after page.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hi. Have you tried using albums to organize your videos?

Hark Productions

Hark Productions PRO

My account is private, so I guess none of those features work for me.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sorry about that. You're right. A PRO account opted out of community cannot currently use albums. We had recently discussed this internally and we're considering allowing those users to create albums for their own personal organizing needs.

Hark Productions

Hark Productions PRO

That would be great. At any given time, I have several videos that are either works in progress or under an NDA, so I can't have my videos "out there" unless I control it.

Greg Bray

Greg Bray Plus

Hey there!! I agree. As a pro member, I really would like the ability to arrange the order of my films manually also. Some kind of customization where I can rearrange the order myself. Sometimes I want certain films on the front page - without having to go back through pages. Thanks!

The Hockey Factory

The Hockey Factory PRO

+1! I really miss the option to organize uploaded video's in PRO. The websites that show the video's must do all the sorting themselves, which is a real waste of time to do externally (with data over there too). It would be nice if there is some type of organisation for Pro, especially as it is available in Free and Plus... And it is not such a rare or uncommon feature and in competing sites it's standard. As mentioned it can be any way, as long as the API also support it: folders, albums, tags or whatever. It would be greatly appreciated!

The Hockey Factory

The Hockey Factory PRO

It's not a (good) solution, as you probably know, it's a bad workaround.I have the PRO account, because I do have commercial content. This contradiction and the lack of this common feature in a PRO account is what is bothering a lot of your customers and is bad buzz around the internet in video communities. Just a simple way, like using tags or something, will do for almost all of them. Don't forget that a lot of users have PRO to embed commercial video on their own sites, mostly using the API, so the API has to support whatever chosen category method is offered too.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.