Tbfxtcxzo

Tbfxtcxzo Plus

Reposting is still going strong in Vimeo groups. Is it not possible to get repostings in groups stopped. Is reposting in groups really a wanted feature by the Vimeo community, at the present time several groups home pages seem to consist of an endless repeating display of previous added videos to the same groups, the reposting actions are denying other users who do not exploit the reposting possibility a normal display time in the groups home pages.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi there,

A video can only belong to a group, channel, or album once. The videos you're seeing are either someone else's uploaded copy, or someone removed, then added the video again to bring it to the front.

I agree we should be able to do something about the latter, but someone else uploading the same video as another user (which they've worked on) and adding it to the same collection is not something we can really prevent.

Tbfxtcxzo

Tbfxtcxzo Plus

".. or someone removed, then added the video again to bring it to the front..." This is exactly what I do not appreciate seeing in the groups, almost a daily scheduled reposting in several big Vimeo groups. The reposters may not reflect on what their daily reposting of their videos that may be excellent, do with the other users videos in the groups moving others users quickly downwards where the reposters do not want to have their own videos because of less plays and likes amongst videos deep down in the groups video pages.
I hope this can be prevented by a future Vimeo developers solution.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Ah I see. I agree that's something we should try to prevent – we'll look into it!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.