Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

There are no immediate plans to offer layout changes for Albums. PRO members should use Portfolio's if they are looking to customize the page style and layout.

Cole Deines

Cole Deines Plus

Hi,

I've made an album on Vimeo with the intention of using it to share my professional reel. As such, I plan on sending the link to potential employers. It would be nice if I could make a custom URL for the album, just like I can for an individual video. It would also be nice if, as a paying Vimeo Plus customer, I could create such an album free of ads. I think that would make the page look more professional and much less distracting when someone who could potentially hire me is checking out my work.

P.S. I realize that a reel is often times a single video which one could easily create a custom url for in Vimeo. However, I am primarily a video editor that's done mostly documentary and news work, which I find very hard to cut together into a single, short promo reel. I created the album so that I could let a potential employer choose from several different works and watch one or two of them in their entirety.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Custom URL for the album is being considered. It sounds to me like you might want to try creating a channel to see if it suits your needs better than albums.

Fiona Fuchs

Fiona Fuchs PRO

Me too - I agree - And I want to customize the look of the pages...

Cole Deines

Cole Deines Plus

Thanks for the quick reply, Soxiam. I did make a channel, and, after comparing it to the album I made, I found that I preferred the look of the album for my purposes. To my eyes the "moderator", "shout box", and "subscribe" tabs are distracting. I think that the channel is too geared toward feedback and involvement/interaction to send to a company that may hire me. Personally, I want to give a possible future employer a link to a page that presents my work in the least distracting and most straight forward environment possible. As of now, an album fits my desires better. Also, ideally I'd rather not have the word "channel" in the custom link I send out - just my preference.

Basically, I like the album. I just want to be able to make it cleaner and give it a simple custom url (a more customizable layout would be nice too).

Sorry for the long-winded reply, and thank you for considering my feedback. It's much appreciated.

Courtney Powell

Courtney Powell Plus

Yes, I am having this issue as well. I'd like to be able to have all my videos on Vimeo, then create customizable reels for different viewers easily and straightforwardly. The Hubnut widget works OK... but I wish it didn't have 5 sec pause and thumbnail between each video. Any solutions?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

No, nothing exactly like what you're looking for.

Flying Start

Flying Start Plus

Yes please custom URL for albums would be great.
Without it I will need to reconsider using vimeo.
Viddler does offer this.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We are still planning on building this but folding it into a larger release we're working on.

Columbia Casting

Columbia Casting

We need this desperately! Please add custom URL for albums- it seems like that is an option on many sites- would make life much easier and make vimeo seem more professional- usable as a video directory. Thanks.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

As I stated above, it's in the plan.

King of Knives

King of Knives

it's been a year - when is the plan to do this........

Christian Kalbhenn

Christian Kalbhenn Plus

Please Vimeo, tell me: why there is no tool to make a normal playlist with "shuffle / randomize, loop, autoplay in just one player window, fully customize for "plus and pro" members ? over the last 3 years so many people want to have that, but there is still no function like that and i dont think that you are planing something like that... I think there must be a big reason for that, i want to know that reason. Please tell me. Thank you.

AppleTree Institute

AppleTree Institute PRO

As of yet, is there anyway to make a different layout for an Album like you are able to do with Channels? We would like to customize the way videos are shown on the screen much like the Grid or Gallery layout for Albums.

Also, we have been trying to figure out how to search vimeo for descriptors or tags. So far, we see that the only way videos are searched is based on the video name. Please help

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

As a PRO member I would try using Portfolios as you can have much more customization options, a custom domain, and CSS control.

Elliott Balsley

Elliott Balsley

I just joined Vimeo Plus, and I am not seeing the option for a custom album URL. Yet 2 years ago the staff said they're working on it.
Are you still working on it?
Is it here and I missed it?
Or did you drop this feature?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.