Miles

Miles

i don't really like how whenever I sign in there is a random clip that is on my home page. I think We should be able to personalize our own home page. that'd be cool.

Jake Lodwick

Jake Lodwick Alum

What would you like instead of a recommended clip?

Miles

Miles

maybe you can invent something, you are a good inventor.

Or maybe instead of the recommended clip, i get the latest vimeo news, or some funny jokes to brighten my day.

Chris Collins

Chris Collins

kind of on topic:

A problem with the Recommended Clips is that sometimes I look at all 6 and decide that I don't want to watch any of them. Or I'll watch 2, get 2 new ones, and not want to look at the new ones either.

Could you add a "Refresh Recommend Clips" button that shows new clips that have never appeared on my homepage? Thanks Jake!

FollyMadness

FollyMadness

I actually like that alot... leads me from here to there looking at random clips.. :)

Miles

Miles

maybe there can be a on and off button. Where you can turn off recommended clip.

damon

damon

I think another good thing would be to have a page where you see recently added clips, with the newest first, going back chronologically.

Perez

Perez

"Refresh Recommend Clips" would be nice!

DJ Paine

DJ Paine Plus

yeah, i get bored of what seems like the 4 same clips for ages.

maybe it brings up a recommended clip to tags i like? dunno...

Miles

Miles

are the recommended clips chosen by the staff, or is there voting, or what?

Brian Larsen

Brian Larsen

what about the latest videoclip from your contacts?

Daniel Schœn

Daniel Schœn

Brian: Go to "Clips > Your contacts' ". Voila.

Brian Larsen

Brian Larsen

yes ok :). But I meant on the "home" page. I was suggestiong that instead of a more or less random video, maybe it would be more relevant to watch the latest video from your contacts... personalization .

Miles

Miles

yea thats good

hªnnes

hªnnes

it would be really usefull to have a button close to the clip that says "mark as seen" wich then prevents the clip from showing up on the start page. i really like the recommended clips but it's really anoying that some clips you dont want to watch stay on the page for ages! and the only way to get them away is to watch them entirely.

Miles

Miles

all these ideas are good, that's why we should be able to customize our home. there are so many things that could go in place of the recommended clips.

Billy

Billy

It would be nice if we could choose particular tags and have related/new videos displayed somewhere on our "Home" page when we log in.

Miles

Miles

I also wanted to know how these clips were chosen. I also hate it how sometimes a recommended clip is like 5 minutes long, or just really long. In order t get it off your home page you have to watch it fully, and usually they're really boring.

Miles

Miles

I really hate how the recommended clips don't refresh, or atleast cycle through. what i mean is that it gets annoying when one clip is always popping up on your homepage and it gets irritating to look at. and then you have to watch the clip to make it disappear, but then it doesnt! it stays on the homepage!!!

DJ Paine

DJ Paine Plus

if i can be honest... i can't stand 99% of recommended clips. i don't dig this feature

Melissa B

Melissa B

I really like the recommended clips feature, but I think adding a refresh thing would be nice.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.