bmike

bmike

This was raised quite a while back and there've been no updates in 2 years or more from what I can tell. vimeo.com/forums/topic:21272

It would be nice to somehow pass a pointer to an inbound link that would place a marker in the playback area so at least the person on the receiving end of the link could at least click at the reference point rather than have to click around (or scrub back/forth on iOS) to jump forward to the point of the video selected by the person making the link in the first place.

Link(s): webapps.stackexchange.com/q/24253/12331

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sorry but this is still not yet possible.

bmike

bmike

Thanks for the prompt response.

I'll look to embed the videos and just draw some sort of arrow to visually indicate where people can select in the playback head to assist in locating the desired beginning point.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

There are a couple of enhancements we're considering (and testing) and this is one of them. It requires some additional work with our CDN to make this work but we are hopeful we can introduce this feature.

bmike

bmike

Awesome! I've tried this on my example URL from my Stack Exchange question, and it works fabulously. This is so cool - thanks to all who got this designed, tested, and rolled out.

Link: vimeo.com/36881035#t=3m28s

Galen

Galen

This is a great feature, but the video always auto starts when I try to embed to my website with it, even without the autostart code. Is there a way to not have the video auto start when using this time start function? I tried an autostart=0 but that did not work. Thanks.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Currently the timestamped link can only autostart. I will pass along your suggestion to our player team to have them look into possibility of adding an option to have it play only when you click on the play button.

Greg Holman™

Greg Holman™

We are really excited about this basic functionality of being able to play just a segment of a video when embedding now and then. Are you intending to go further with this and provide what YouTube provides in regards to allowing a start and end time window for playing (auto and non-auto)? Like this
##iframe width="420" height="315" src="youtube.com/embed/YKmgVJjk5PY?start=63&end=100&controls=0&modestbranding=0&rel=0&showinfo=0">##/iframe##

replacing < with ## and > with ## on the ends so the code will show in here...

Steven J. Dale

Steven J. Dale

ditto, please allow autoplay off if using the t position in the embed code

Meghan Telpner Inc

Meghan Telpner Inc PRO

Any update on whether or not we can turn the autoplay off on vids using the timestamp?

Zhou Zhou

Zhou Zhou

Please add the autostart off feature because many people including us will want to use it! Also, when #t is supplied, Vimeo player does not dispatch the "ready" event which makes things complicated for developers who use the Vimeo player API.

I am an educational software engineer and we use Vimeo player, Youtube player, and our own player in a non-for-profit video discussion tool. Because Vimeo player misses this feature, we cannot make things consistent on our end. We appreciate it if your team can help!

Link: vialogues.com/vialogues/play/7790#time=74&comment_id=49511

Romain

Romain

Still no auto start? (It makes the embedding impossible).

Link: gethue.com

Panagiotis Kokkinos

Panagiotis Kokkinos

quotup.com is a service (we develop & support) that gives a unique url given the video (youtube, vimeo) url, the start and end time (21 sec max duration) and the autostart option

we name "quotup" a specific portion of an online video of duration smaller than 21 secs

for example: quotup.com/oCeC_S

Link: quotup.com

Jamie Nash

Jamie Nash

Oh hey there, Matt. As far as I can tell, the start time code feature, added to links, is not working.

When the link is clicked it seems to direct to that point on the bar, for a very few seconds, then redirects to 0:00. I've tried several different samples, including "Cameron's" link above.

Am I missing something?

Here's that link from above -

Link: vimeo.com/23594988#t=50

Mansi

Mansi

When are we expecting the support for endtime in vimeo? It's a cool feature on youtube, but we prefer vimeo as host...any ETA?

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Sorry, but this isn't really a priority for us. I'm not sure when this will happen if at all.

Jonathan Stray

Jonathan Stray

Autostart is making this feature unusable for me :( adding autoplay=0 does nothing.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.