Faroukh Virani

Faroukh Virani Plus

Am sure this has been covered at some point..... but is it possible to record external links and views of a video?? I have a clip linked to myspace and know for a fact I have more than one view, but my vimeo stats don't show this.

THANKS!

dman99

dman99

This would be nice, but I'm not really sure if its possible.

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

you can see who is linking via the details tab, but this update feature sounds great

ClassicWines

ClassicWines

The problem I am having with using Vimeo is I get 99% of my views through an external site (wordpress). However because they show how many views the video has gotten, it continues to show a small number to my viewer thinking my video is less credible or popular than it really is.

ClassicWines

ClassicWines

Creators - do you have any updates on this? I want to release my online program coming up through your service but don't want to show deceptive stats to my viewers. Can I turn this view off or get external stat tracking? I appreciate any status update on this as my season is starting in Jan 07.

Thanks.

islebehere

islebehere PRO

i think it's cool that people watch others' videos on Vimeo and give each other constructive criticism or pats on the back or just leave a funny comment but, honestly, what is the obsession with "popularity" videos? i thought those were more for the You Tube community...?

am i wrong? just asking.

Paul McClintock

Paul McClintock

I agree, sort of ... however ... if the number appears on your clip, it should be accurate. And it's always nice to know if people are watching your clips. I mean, that's why we put them up right?

ClassicWines

ClassicWines

My reason is for popularity and creativity, but being my primary audience will be coming through from an external display of my videos I would either like to show the true number of views or disable it.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.