jewilsoncohen

jewilsoncohen

I've been wanting to start a project for some time, and it hit me today what it could be. And so:

We all know that people on Vimeo are extremely talented. Not only does everyone know how to film and upload videos, but they do incredible things outside of the Vimeo world. So, I propose that we upload videos of some useless talents that we all possess. I know I've got enough for practically every Vimeo user out there. It doesn't have to be a contest, but if that's something people would be interested in, I'd be fine to organize that.

If enough people are interested, I'll compile the videos and make a sort of "gag reel" of all of our efforts. If you do upload a video, use the tag "uselesstalent", and please put a link back to this forum topic. Thanks!

An example: vimeo.com/clip:140132

Paul McClintock

Paul McClintock

Good idea. I must have some useless talent... oh wait, all my talents are useless!

I'm going to have a cry.

Perez

Perez

I could try something!

Perez

Perez

bump!

I want to see more talents.

Sam King

Sam King

I am going to try to get in on this one, if I can master my skill again.

beaglebot

beaglebot

If I can ever remeber this when I'm at home and have three quarters I'll do it.

ojo

ojo Plus

Thanks god, I can do this without even one quarter. Aeehm which product do you measure in quarters?? Whiskey? ;-)

Chillydog

Chillydog

vimeo.com/clip:137833

Here's my effort. 9 years tryin to learn this song. Then my amp broke and I have to play a really cool song- on a frickin acoustic..... Jimi Hendrix would be rollin in his grave..... Enjoy, and remember- I've never played in front of people so take it easy on me!!!! ;-)
I'm still learning both guitar and how to do this video stuff- thanks Vimeo people!!!!!

Scruff_E_Guy

Scruff_E_Guy Plus

Well, I did this on a cheap webcam, because that's all I've got until I can afford something better in a month or two....but here's another useless talent: vimeo.com/clip:196470

Well, actually, I wasn't sure which of my useless talents was the most useless....so here's a second submission....you be the judge.
vimeo.com/clip:196501

jewilsoncohen

jewilsoncohen

So, now I'm wondering how long I should wait before creating my montage...there are 20 useless talent clips, so maybe I'll wait for a few more. I've loved them all so far!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.